• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

indoor league

sota4life

I decided this year to get back into archery after 11 years off. It's been a fun season so far, challenging to say the least. I've gotten myself to shoot right around 290 with 25-30x's, best yet this year is a 295, worst a 280 (2 misses, lol...) I shoot an old hoyt aspen 45" ata with fingers.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shot a 295 27x last night. The funny part is it wasn't with my bow. I cracked a limb on my Firecat on Saturday so I had a spare bow loaned to me from my dealer. Rytera Alien-X...dang nice shooting bow!

rbs, that's pretty good shooting with a borrowed bow.

Reminds me of a friend who's bow broke early into a 3D shoot. He ended up shooting the bow of someone in his group-and beat him with his own bow! laugh

Well last night I shot the best round I have ever shot. 297 with 32x Also with that VERY nice Alien x that I have been using while my bow gets new limbs. Everyone has been asking me if I am going to buy a new bow...almost think I should...lol

296 w/ 36 x's this morning.....99, 99, 98.

Tied for my highest score and it was my best x count of the season so far.

Also started shooting my Martin X-200 recurve a bit and shooting pretty darn good too. I plan on killing a deer with it this fall if my shooting continues to improve.

Brian

I shot a personal league high today, 296 27x with fingers.... 100, 97, 99. Gotta give the release guys some competition. Kind of fun to see some of the guys squirm when a finger flinger out shoots them laugh I have to say it has been fun getting back into archery. It used to be such a large part of my life that I can't believe I let go for so long.

My son who is 9 shoots in the cub division at 10 yards shot his first 300 a couple weeks ago with 40x's I don't know who was more excited him or me but now he thinks he should do it all the time and gets a little razzled when he gets a 4. What really helped him was when we went to the Iowa Pro am and talked to some pros they told me to switch him to the 5 spot. His scores went from upper 270's low 280's to the 290's and 300. He averaged 297 this year in his 10 week league. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm braggin but I'm very proud of him. We are going to the MAA this weekend

Congrats to your boy deerhunter, you should both be proud.

Had kind of a shakey start last night, but ended hot. Shot an 855, well over my recent average.

Here's a few shots from last night.

full-20096-6747-dsc02771.jpg

full-20096-6748-dsc02767.jpg

full-20096-6749-dsc02774.jpg

I was at the range/proshop yesterday practicing and there were for kids in there under 13 shooting. I had a blast shooting with them. It's fun to shoot with people who are strickly there to have fun. I rememeber being that age and shooting 200 arrows a day out in the backyard. The only thing that kind of ircked me was one dad who wouldn't leave the bow shop owner alone trying to set his kids new bow up. Years ago I used to coach kids at our local 4h and when I'd get a parent like that I'd take them aside and tell them to back off..... It doesn't matter if your kid is shooting 5's the first 10 minutes they've held a bow. Let the kid have fun with out being a back street driver. I also can't stress enough to not worry about where you are hitting the target when you first pick a bow up..... grouping, grouping, grouping.

I had to really work for my 291 w/ 30 x's this week. Not sure what the deal was, but definitely a little bit frustrating.

On a brighter note, I broke in my new Hoyt Dorado recurve and was shooting pretty good. On the single spot target at 20 yds, I could keep all 6 arrows in the 3 ring, w/ most of them being inside the 4 ring.

Brian

We had the banquet for are indoor league this Saturday. My son recieving a certificate for shooting his 300 it was so cool everyone was applausing and whistling as he went up to get it people we don't even know (they said it was the first time they had a cub shoot a 300 in the club) He also got first and high score he was on cloud nine.

full-27329-7001-101_0486.jpg

full-27329-7002-101_0473.jpg

I have a target that I should really take a pict of... I was training for state.. Shot it on 4-6-04 so it was quite a while ago.. but shot back to back games.. 57X -58X on the same target.. 120 arrows.. is a sweet looking 5 spot if you ask me.. only had one arrow that touched the white..

nice,,,,

was that with hunting equipment, or a lens????