• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

indoor league

sota4life

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suck but my son who is 8 shot a 291 with 28x's last week. We went to the Iowa Pro am and I talked to some pros about his shooting and they gave me some pointers like swithcing him to the 5 spot and to let down if it don't feel right and bam he was averging 270s and now he is shooting 290s. We shoot at Hutchinson

Just an animal league for me. 900 points possible, shooting an 850 ave. Heart 15 pts, lung area 10 pts, body 5 pts. Shot my first 5 of the season last week, dang bitty squirrel at 20 yds. frown

Chilakoot Bowhunters near Somerset, WI.

I'm shooting league for the first time ever this winter. I've been shooting at the Grand Rapids Archery Club.

I've been keeping my score in the 280-290 range out of 300 w/ 10-20 x's (5 spot). I'm happy with that but know I can do better.

Brian

Too low to post the score eh? smirk

I could tell ya, but since it's not a 300 spot round it'd be like comparing apples and potatos. But, I'll tell ya anyhow. I shot an 815, my average is about 850.

i shot a 283 this morning with 17 x. Then i switched to my old release and i shot a 295 with 28 x's. Can't believe a release can make that big of difference considering i thought i was shooting good with my new release.

Man- you all are getting me fired up.. Have not shot league in a few years.. but my last league I averaged a 300 with 51X... My best ever which I have done 4 times is a 58x.. I shot a 58x at the gander state championship.. but it was a 295.. can you say FLINCH. arrow missed the target by about 12 feet.. LOL

Going to shoot regions this weekend in Willmar. Hope to keep my average at least. Didn't get to shoot last night thanks to our seemingly weekly monday storms. Now I have 3 to make up with last nights. MSAA state is in Redwood Falls this year...make sure you get your regions score in this weekend or next to go to the state shoot!

Nice shootin' Don!

I shot a 290 w/ 17x and a 288 w/ 21 x yesterday.

On the second round I had a 0, so could've been a 292.

On the last set of the day I shot a 100, so I'm anxious to get out there tomorrow and see what happens. Great way to end a shooting session though!

Out of 18 teams, we're in 3rd place at 9-3 over the last 3 weeks. That does include our handicaps though. Still we're happy!

Brian

Here's our set-up.

DSC02743-1.jpg

Love shootin' those turkeys!

DSC02741-1.jpg

Smoked this mulie.

DSC02746.jpg

Some of the crew.

DSC02747.jpg

$20,000 worth of equipment.

DSC02745.jpg

One night a week this time of the year is a real nice break.