• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Been hiding for a while, thought I would post some recent work.

Bought a New lens that I have been playing with a little bit, I bought a LENS BABY 2.0. Here is a shot with that lense":

full-14389-5161-lensbabymorgan.jpg

Here are some random things I have been working on. Coments and critiques always welcome.

full-14389-5164-01,fe026,agameofchicken,

full-14389-5165-01,fe026,goodnighteveryo

full-14389-5166-01,fe026,catails,an.jpg

Ive seen something similar to this in South Dakota though! I believe it was on Interstate 29 heading south on my way to yankton. There is a small down on the left hand side of the interstate when heading south that always had old planes flying around and doing tricks.

anyone else know what im talking about?

Not sure of the vintage planes in a town around SD HWY 29. But, I remember as a kid driving in an old pickup with my uncle West of Aberdeen (looking for windgenerators in the 70's!) when all the sudden the truck started shaking and we almost got blown off the road when a black B-52 bomber came screaming 50 feet over the top of us from behind. We went from quiet and tranquil (we had no idea it was coming) to heart attack in a split second. Hard to believe something that gigantic could (would be allowed to ) fly that low.

Well, I have to admit that the plane shot was photoshpped. It was an entry into the digital modified category of N4C competition. I am glad so many people did not catch on right away it was PS'd that is the whole point of the digital modified category, make a photo that doesnt look photoshopped. here is how I did it for you curious sorts. Using a photo I shot in Fargo ND at the air show, I used the magic wand tool, and a few other little tools to get the plane out of the original image, then took a bridge picture from the Marine Highway inbetween Mobile Alabama, and Florida Panhandle and pasted the plane in on a layer. I then added a second plane in another layer and rotated image to point it in the opposite direction. To put some finishing touches on, I used a plug in by alien skin called eye candy. After flatening photo, I burnt the edges a bit using a burn/dodge tool. I also used the conetent aware scale feature of PS5 to make the planes fit the size of the photo.

Not sure of the vintage planes in a town around SD HWY 29. But, I remember as a kid driving in an old pickup with my uncle West of Aberdeen (looking for windgenerators in the 70's!) when all the sudden the truck started shaking and we almost got blown off the road when a black B-52 bomber came screaming 50 feet over the top of us from behind. We went from quiet and tranquil (we had no idea it was coming) to heart attack in a split second. Hard to believe something that gigantic could (would be allowed to ) fly that low.

Yah, I remember years ago when all the jets would do the sonic boom out in south dakota when out bird hunting. Awesome sound, and even cooler sight! Wish they still did it!

You should try the Magnetic wand selection too. When I crop an image out of an image I will use that, or just lasso the close to the border of the plan and than clean it up with an eraser in another layer!

Wasn't nit picking. I am a photoshop guru, probably only reason I really noticed.

Also noticed the lower portion of the prop had either a glare, or a piece of background you forgot to cut out. I would have copied the upper portion of the prop and flipped it down for the bottom as well.

Non the less GREAT photoshop job! How did it do in the contest?

Im ok at photoshopping but I know there are some people that are just amazing!

Still my dream job to be photoshopping stuff out of the catalogs your wife/gf gets from that VS Store in the mall. lol

I had to enter the contest twice, first time, judge didnt like it because it was clearly photoshopped. Apperently someone forgot to explain that it was a PS category, LOL. So I entered it again 2 months later and won 1st place.