• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to get my 1990 Lund Predator II repainted?

JosMN

Been wanting to get this done ever since I bought it. Is there any place in the Minnesota area that does a nice job?? Would love to have it repainted the wildfire (is currently gray) red and install myself an updated decal set (do it for a living), maybe a pro V set, and put predator II in the pro v areas. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks

I'm sure it does look nice, but I honestly don't want my Lund to look like a Crestliner.:) No pun intended on your father in law! I just would like to know of anybody who has had there's painted profesionally, and how it came out. Apparently the paint codes for Lund are PPG and are pretty easy to get a hold of.

Couldn't any body shop do it? We had a local guy here paint a RS6000 computer and monitor metalflake purple once. One of the more mainframe oriented folks said she would only switch if it was purple. So some people in her department took the whole thing to a bodyshop (little bob's as I recall).

Couldn't any body shop do it? We had a local guy here paint a RS6000 computer and monitor metalflake purple once. One of the more mainframe oriented folks said she would only switch if it was purple. So some people in her department took the whole thing to a bodyshop (little bob's as I recall).

Sure, if they have done an aluminum boat before. You have to be very careful on prep work with aluminum otherwise you have more problems down the road than anything from what I have heard. A local body shop may have done one before, but finding out how it really turned out can be a challenge from word of mouth. Thats why I am trying to find a source that someone has already used and has had good results. Dont really want to spend the money on this paint job, another $200-300 for a graphics set, install them and have the paint flake off 3 months down the road.

How about just getting a wrap? Otherwise call Steve Baken and see if his shop does it or if not Im sure he knows someone who does.

I actually thought about that since I do wraps for a living, but the paint still needs to be sanded down and re-sprayed. All of the small chips, scraps etc would show up a lot on a wrap, and would probably cause the wrap to lift over time even with adhesive promoter under those areas.

We could do it for you. We've been painting aluminum boats for 25 years and will warranty the work. Like overdalimit said, you might be looking at $2 grand, but maybe not quite that much, depending on how much you want done. If you'd like, give us a call sometime and we can set up a time to take a look at it and figure out a price range