• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ground blinds

What kind do you use and how would you rate it from 1-10 for providing you everything you look for in a ground blind used for bow hunting?

Looking for comfort, room, mobility, capable of being brushed in, large shooting windows, stability, durability, and profile that does not spook deer and last but not least price!

Thanks, i look forward to reading, I will post my own later and explain my answer.

Double bull is the only way to go. They have noe come down in price a lot so you can pick up a new blind for half the price most have paid for them. I have 3 double and have used others out there but none seem to hold up and are as easy to use like DB blinds. I use them turkey and for deer. They can handle the snow,rain and wind.

09NE001.jpg

This was a snow storm in NE with 45 to 50 wind gust. We had 8 inches of snow by the end of hunting this day. I was even surprised I was dry and not blowing away with the wind. Make sure to use longer tent stakes and the blinds will hold up.

I agree with hoyt4 Double bull for bow and gun hunting is the only way to go. Its a little more expensive than the other brands but it is the BEST! I bought one from Menards early in the season set it up the first time and one of the rods snapped! I returned it and got another one! One of the sides would not push out! So when looking for a ground blind go with something for a couple more dollars! Or you will regret it like me!

I have two Ameristep Brickhouse I think is the name. It's a hub style 2 person and it is pretty good. My favorite is the Scheels Boondocks, Lots of room and very nice windows. I see up in fargo they are on sale for 200 right now. Worth every penny in my book for bad weather and early season to keep bugs off of you.

I have the Scheels Boondocks blind in MAX1 and love it. Like Codeman said when they go on sale the price is hard to beat. It is the hub style like most, comes with extra mesh windows and a nice backpack style carrying bag.

I use it for Antelope in August and Whitetails during the season otherwise. Another buddy had one that I borrowed and he's had great luck with it as well. Like anything, care and maintenance will prolong its useful life.

No doubt Double Bull's are cream of the crop but I felt saving +$100 that I could spend on another piece of gear was more important. Until my Scheels blind fails me I'm sticking with that brand.

I must have an older GroundMax. It was before Primos bought them. Anyway, it's pretty much the biggest blind available in terms of footprint and height and plenty of room to draw. You can even shoot standing if you do it right. I paid $200 at the time and the thing has stood up to 5 years of all season use. The exterior is think and heavy duty. Not like the cheap vinyl of a $70 blind I bought this year as an extra. I leave it out from opening day to Jan. 1 for archery. I really like it. Plenty of room for two people, maybe even three if you needed to. Plus you can lower and raise all the windows siltnely from inside. A big plus in my mind. Double Bulls are very nice too.

I have been a DB user for years. I have tried a few others but I will hands down stay with the Double Bull blinds.

Very nice that they are so much more reasonable in price than they were years ago.

This past fall another must have thought my blind was a quality one was they deccided to take it home with them.

Any of you guys use the Dark Horse by DB? I would use it for archery and firearms. Any complaints on them?

The pictures at the start of the thread is a dark horse. You can pick them up cheap now. Watch Gander or even turkey midwest you might even get the blind at a lower price there.

I've used groundmax ,ameristep and others. DB is by far a better blind. What even makes them a good choice is the customer service they have. Was better when you could just stop in at the shop here in MN but still the Primo's group really takes care of you.

Sadly I only have 1 but I wouldn't buy another type. So much room inside and the features they have in them are amazing. With that being said I only bought mine because they discontinued the color so it was like 150-175 a few years back and after the season but when they retail for 270ish area 180-190 dollar range is a good deal. They do make a Snow Camo kit to go on the outside which is pretty nice and very cheap.

[quote=Hoyt4Watch Gander or even turkey midwest you might even get the blind at a lower price there.

I seen Cabelas has them for $299

That's a good price. Sorry I meant Midwest Turkey calls. They will start having the blind for the $299 and Gander will match that $299.

You guys that use the Double Bulls, how do you anchor them down? Seems like whenever I set mine up a few days in advance, I come back and it has blown over. One time I found it in a creek about 30 yards away!! Another time, it snowed about 8 inches and the top caved in.