• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New boat upgrades

FM_Mike

I am ordering my new Crestliner after the first of the year and need some feedback on some options.

Does anyone have power pedestals and are they worth the upgrade over regular ones?

Does anyone have a wash down system and do you like it?

Vinyl or carpet, is one a plus over the other? Does anyone use that snap in carpet for the

cockpit area?

Does anyone have or use a cargo net?

Decided on all the other options just looking for opinions on the ones above.

Thanks, Mike

if you are buying a wheel boat the 2 consoles seats hafta be permanent

mine are power i'm tall so i would suggest gettin them

IMO on the floor its going to be wood,so as in another thread spongy

floor,i would maybe try vinyl cuz that carpet holds all that water in and take awhile to dry i will say i had a creatliner and my floor did last much longer than that guy is talking bout in his lund

and i'd be willing to bet mine took wayyyy more abuse

i have snap in carpet in my boat but once i took it out i never put it back in and never will...once every 4-5 weeks a bucket of warm water a brush it looks like new mine is fiberglass though so i cant speak to vinyl but i would think its better than carpetand will keep your floor stronger longer

cant help you with the other 2 wash down and cargo net dont have or even know what you are talking bout there

I have an 02' Crestliner Sportfish, and if there were two big upgrades I was going to make to the boat itself it would be vinyl floors and a washdown system. I actually may install both of these at some point in the near future. I hate dealing with carpet and trying to keep it clean. I would strongly recommend these options.

It consists of a pump with a hose/spray nozzle, and a hole in which the water will drain out automatically. With a vinyl floor, you can use the hose to basically wash down the deck and it all flows out through a drain. You may already have the drainage part on your YarCraft as you mentioned you poor buckets of water on your floor? If so, just add the pump and spray nozzle and you can spray down your floor any time your on the water.

I don't know how exactly it works in the Crestliners as far as where the water drains (out the boat or into the bildge), but in bigger fiberglass boats like Graddy Whites the drain holes are above the surface of the water and the water/sand/slime/bugs just wash right out. Makes cleanup of blood, bugs, etc....much..much easier. My buddy has a big Pro Line and the wash down system is great!

Vinyl flooring for sure! The snap in carpet would be nice, but for sure vinyl.

I don't think a wash down would worth it for me. A bucket of lake water or a hose when at home would do the same thing wink

We have "homemade" nets on each side in our bow - we did this before any companies started to put them in. We used motorcycle bungie nets. The "cargo nets" would be one thing I would get, as the factory ones would fit better, but we use ours every time out to keep stuff (jackets, boxes, bags, etc.) secure when zipping around, and also out of the way.

Congrats on getting a new boat, fun time for sure! smile

Greg, any dealer should be able to do that. Wash down pumps are high pressure vs high volume like a bilge or live well pump. at least back when I installed them at the dealership.

Shoot me an email greg, I have a couple of questions about your seasonal RV park.