• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need a New Helmet - Suggestions?

titelines

I'm in the market, and have been doing some research. After falling into the "I just need something on my head" trap, I want this one to last a long time.

What I'll use it for:

- Snowmobiling and plowing snow with the ATV.

What I'm looking for:

- Sick and tired of fogging. Want one with an electric shield, or something that will eliminate this problem forever.

- Would like a modular.

- Need one with a sunscreen.

- I will oftentimes listen to my iPod while plowing, but I'm tired of messing with the earplugs inside the helmet. They always fall out of my ears etc. Are there helmets out there that are compatible with listening devices, maybe have built-in speakers or something? I've seen ones that are Bluetooth compatible, is this what I need?

- Would like a solid color, no outrageous paint jobs or designs needed.

- As for cost, I'd like to keep it under $300.00

What do you guys think? What are my options? Any recommendations on where to buy it?

Thanks very much for any info you can provide!

I have a modular HJC HSO-Classifieds-12. I love it. But will say that I have broken the base plate swivel twice now. Basically from walking in a door with the visor up and the face shield up, and the visor catches and it can break. $10 for a new set of plates.

I have only had it fog up once while riding, and that was about -20 degree weather and I think my breath deflector was a bit off center. The breath box is great though, works awesome.

They don't make that model anymore, but I just bought a modular HSO-Classifieds-Max for my wife, about the same, but slightly newer - hopefully the plate swivel is stronger. About $140 at the big cycle/sled shop DK.

I recommend it, comfy and the modular works great. I would think you could easily put little speakers/buds in the helmet, as it has removable and customizable liners. Good luck.

I just picked up a HJC IS-max, the other night. Modular, breath box, internal sun shield, blue tooth compatible. Fits really well and seems solid, but I haven't used it yet on the trails. It's not electric, so I'm hoping that breath box does the trick.

Tell me this doesn't look sweet. Cost about $205.

ismaxmultisnow-alt.jpg

ismaxmultisnow-blk.jpg

LBG, you will really like it. As I said, my c. l. 12 is older, but awesome. Just watch out for that shield when in the up position!

Also, I just recalled that the little plasitic clips that hold the breathe box strap to the helmet, I had one break on me. Can get replacements for about $1 but I had to order mine. The breath box works awesome, and your looks like newer or at least diffeent than mine, so probably better and updated. Can't wait to get my wifes c . L. Max, maybe I will steal it and give her the old 12, ha!

@ Zamboni - I've tried many different kinds, but you're right. My wife has some Skullcandy and they work the best. I've been looking at the in-ear ones that have the wrap-around ear thing-a-ma-jig. Think I'm gonna grab a pair for myself. Thanks!

@ LightningBG - Funny, that's the exact one I've been looking at. I think I'll go see one in person. Seems to have everything I'm looking for.

Thanks to all of you for the input!!