• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Info on sled please

Wayne Ek

I'm thinking of getting a used sled to pull my Otter portable house for ice fishing. Will something like the Arctic Cat Z370 be large/powerful enough to pull the portable. As you may have guessed, I'm not up on sleds, we currently use an ATV to pull most of our housed.

I have an old '88 Polaris Indy 400 liq. cooled that I traded a conoe for... great sled! The smaller size will work great for ice fishing, and more than enough power. I have studs on mine and they help a LOT!

You don't need a power house sled for ice fishing, but the more the better of course. I also have 600 yammie, and to be honest the 400 works just as good. Good luck! Clean the carbs and run it like heck, you will have fun!

I can't say personally on that sled. But my cousin recently sold his 97 xcr 600 triple due to it being finicky and inheriting an older Polaris colt 340 colt TX. He doesn't trail ride much anymore and has nothing but great things to say about the sleds performance in pulling his portable ice hut. I would think you could trail ride that 370 also. Maybe not ride like your hair is on fire but a nice easy cruise. Actually. My wife's uncle has that sled for one of his boys and loves it for a smaller sled. I told him if he ever wants to part with it I want first dibs for his niece...aka "the wife".