• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BIG BUCK

drake123

Went out Cayote hunting on a picked corn, and bean field tonight. We got there at 3:30, and set up. At around 4:30 we were starting to see a few yotes here and there. They all ran into a swampy area, and as we were watching them we notice a big big big brown object walking straight for the corn. As we looked closer we notice it was a huge buck. So we put the scopes on him(We had a .22, and a 17) and noticed this was a for sure wall hanger. The G2's, and G3's were just massive, and the inside spread was wide.When we saw him he was 150-175 yards out and walked straight to us and at 60 yards we happend to have a bleat can and bleated 3 times, and he turned directions right to us. He was at thirty yards and noticed he was a Huge main frame eight. It was just amazing to see a deer that massive come right into us, and of course we did not have are bows along, and no camera. This deer was between 5-6 1/2 year old deer. It would proble score in the upper 170's- 185's score. It was just an amazing site to see, and next time we will for sure have the bows along. I am sure many people dont believe this, but we saw it and this made my entire deer hunting experiences.

Thanks for reading

I cant give you the exact location grin but it was in the Forest Lake Area on a bean, and corn field. We will be out in the morning to see if we can see him again(which I doubt we will, thats how he is still alive!!!) but it beats not trying.

....Just like you cannot have slugs and bird shot in your possesion at the same time while hunting.

Are you sure about that. A family member was checked in his younger days while deer hunting, and when the CO saw that he had both, just asked if he had a small games license. Which he did. This was many years ago so things very well could have changed.

Now myself, when I'm deer hunting, I'm only deer hunting. So, I'm not real concerned about that specific law.

You can actually have bird shot and slugs mixed IN the gun if you can't figure out what you're hunting for. We discussed this on the forum a couple years ago and it was proven that it was legal.

Many of us bird hunters stood our ground that it wasn't legal until we realized that WE couldn't carry slugs with us at all while bird hunting because we had dogs with us. We just assumed it was logical and didn't think about it any further for years.