• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heated clothing

Does anyone use the new heated clothing made popular by motorcycle rides as a base layer or top layer for cold weather bow hunting? I am trying to cut down on the bulk of cold weather clothing but am concerned about freezing my marbles off in doing so.

I spend many hours perched in tree stands during cold season ( +10 to –15 ) and I don’t care for heated box blinds. My shooting skills depreciate immensely when bundled up like an Eskimo waiting to club a seal. I thought maybe some of the heated clothing would be an option but I know very little about it.

Thanks for any tips or recommendations!

WS

Don't know a whole lot about it but I work for Costco and when our New Burnsville store opens next Tuesday we will have the heated clothing there for a week or so. Gloves, vests, jackets. I will get some info and prices for you guys.

Yes I have one. They are nice but as the temps. drop you still need to add heavy clothes under the suit. On cold days for an all day sit you would still be all bundled up making shooting harder. I posted on a couple other hunting boards and there wasn't many favorable replies concerning heated clothing. I am still going to investigate a better way for comfort without the restriction of bundling. Thanks for the tip though, I appreciate it!

WS

my wife just bought a core body heat (.net) vest with rechargeable batteries. Although it has not been real cold yet, she has been very happy with the vest this hunting season on cold mornings. Prior to this, she has had heater packs taped all over her body (shoulders, back, etc..) to allow her to stay out multiple hours. I don't know the cost of the product, but it is very thin and light weight. They make a number of different products.

Good luck and stay warm.

Weissguy