• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog disappeared -- where?

Dahitman44

This is not a hunting dog but I wondered if anyone has any ideas?

My father-in-law has a dairy and beef farm near Perham MN. "Dixie" is a cattle dog and one of the nicest dogs around. Very good at her job as well. She is a full-sized 4-year-old female. She never wonders from the farm.

She went missing sometime between noon and 2 pm.

No neighbors have seen her.

There are large cats and an eagle has been spotted many times above the farm -- could an eagle carry a cattle dog? Is it likely?

Other ideas?

Not likely to have been shot but dumb hunters, but always something to consider.

Ideas?

They are very sad.

Has the dog been spayed?

Eagle won't take a dog that size and besides, there is abundant other food for an eagle this time of year.

Have they checked all buildings on farm?

Hit by car. Shot by some "sportsman."

Too bad. Sad days.

A full grown eagle is about 15lbs so the chances of it flying with even a small dog is highly unlikely.

I would lean towards a stupid hunter or check the ditches around the farm.

Sorry to hear this. A well trained cattle dog is a joy to watch work. Hope they find her!

Farmboy, just to clarify: the weight of the eagle has nothing to do with it's ability to fly and lift. I have seen eagles pick up a young fawn and whisk away with it. I've also seen them pick up a pretty good size salmon, right out of the water, and haul it to the beach for a snack.

In an area where eagles are common folks are always missing their kitty cats and wonder where they went.

Just look around for a belching eagle.

very sorry of your loss. I hope it's only a temporary one and the dog makes it's way home. Do you live on a busier road. Someone could have possibly stolen it as well. I hope it works out for you. again, sorry to hear this happened.