• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pros, can you take a guy to school on Spirt Lake

what i have found with spirit is follow the crowds lol... for perch that is.

for eyes, i always have my luck in the rocks by big stoney.

The only place I've had luck with Eye's ice fishing was by the rock on big stoney point, but they were all about 9in. Just my luck.

Perch and the crowds is about right. The best luck I've had for perch though as been in the basin in 19 foot of water. I will admit the shucks jigger is the bom though.

hey agronomist, is that what you do for a living? Do you work for one of the seed companies in NW iowa? Just wondering as this is my career direction also. Jeff

Yea I'm an agronomist. Would like to work as a DSM for a seed company, but just working at a local coop selling seed, chem, fert, custom app. Not a bad gig but whenever you're doing custom application of products it's always stressful. Everybody wants it now, and you never get there fast enough. Just kind of sucks this year nobody had enough fertilizer & now it's high priced and grains are limit down today. Spring fertilizer prices will be interesting.

So who do you work for Jeff?

Honestly I don't fish Sprit alot, I'm not a crowd chaser so I take my chances on other waters werethe crowds are less and fishings better.

So when I come up to the lakes when they are iced over are you going to give me a guided tour esox? Yoda told me the force is strong with you.

Perch can be caught almost anywhere depending on the day crowds aren't always the best place if they have been under heavy pressure. Walleyes are generally on the rocks or in a transition area but occaisionally at the end of the season they're in the weeds. Crappies and gills are almost exclusively fished in Angler's or the Grade. Angler's can be tough to fish depending on the weeds and the crowd.

We'll see how the winter snows are , the more snow we get the more

i'm on the sled. Sound slike I need to get some gas for her and get some miles on tomarrow grin

Esox

Looks like the snow is gone and if the temps stay cold next weekend we should be talking some ice on the lakes. What do ya think about showing a guy some early ice fishing on the lakes.

I am actually a full time college student. I was able to leave my job in Dec of 08 took a great buy out from the city and am not finishing my ag degree. I was in NW iowa for a job interview the first of Nov for a leading corn mfg, and am now doing another one here in az for a cotton research facility. Tough market to crack, but time is on my side. Plus having 25 + of work experience and not a new kid out of school helps. I wish i had about 100,000 bu corn sitting around on dec contract right now.