• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Preseason Service/Tune-up Checklist

PKretsch20

i do basically every thing i do putting it away, just in reverse. Wash, clean, grease, check spark plugs, look for anything odd like chewed on wires or whatnot, check to see if everything is tight, maybe get the shocks rebuilt if its that time (makin sure i have time to put back in before the snow flys) check track tension and wear strips, make sure i have oil, then ill fire it up and let it idle for a good length of time to get everything pumpin again, lift the track and rev it a bit to make sure the track spins freely.

99.9% of the time i dont have to do much cuz good maintenance will prevent most things.

i do basically every thing i do putting it away, just in reverse. Wash, clean, grease, check spark plugs, look for anything odd like chewed on wires or whatnot, check to see if everything is tight, maybe get the shocks rebuilt if its that time (makin sure i have time to put back in before the snow flys) check track tension and wear strips, make sure i have oil, then ill fire it up and let it idle for a good length of time to get everything pumpin again, lift the track and rev it a bit to make sure the track spins freely.

99.9% of the time i dont have to do much cuz good maintenance will prevent most things.

Pretty much the way I do it too, one thing I do in the fall before it even gets fired up is top it off with fresh gas, even though I treat it with SeaFoam in the spring, I just don't trust it, you want to damage a motor quick just lean on the throttle with bad gas in the tank.

Mike

I have always just just added seefoam, fogged and greased everything in the spring to include running the carbs dry in the spring. Then in the fall grease again start up and away I go. Never had any problems, with my new or used sleds that I have bought over the last 20 years. The thing I find wierd is that I have heard many differnt things from many differnt dealers??