• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mathews Z family-2011 WOOO

Laska

So i checked out the mathews site yesterday and they have the new bows out for 2011. And all their commercials on the new ones, Im going with the Z7 extreme, gets into the tight quarters better with darn near the same speed as the originl Z7 for the same price as the Z7 and the only difference is the Extreme is 28" at the limbs instead of 30". What do you guys think...

i'm getting the Safari! jk jk jk

hahaha thats funny.

I agree with ya schmoe147, it seems like alot different tiny modifications rather then a new bow concept. But I guess they have to start somewhere and to start with minor adjustments for guys who want something a tad bit different isnt a bad way to go about it.

Gentleman, I'm no expert on bows but have been shooting Mathews for 10+ years and had over a dozen of them... This is how they have done it for many years. Something new followed by either a shorter or longer version depending on what the market trend is. MQ1 followed by MQ32, Q2 followed by SQ2, Drenelin followed by DXT or vise versa (can't remember order on that one) you get the picture. Not that they can't come up with anything new, just how they have run their business for years. It takes time to develop and prove new products. You want a new bow, shoot them all as you may fall in love with something else. Take a look at the new Hoyt, one hell of a bow from the looks of it and honesty, in my opinion the only company out there that holds a candle to Mathews in the whole picture of building a high quality product and backing it up with good customer support.

Sorry for the long response just get frustrated when this type of thing comes up time and again...

sorry for the frustration, but thank you for your opinion, i agree with ya.

so the next bow will come with laser guided heat seeking arrows, with a built in grunt call and video camera..... did i miss anything...oh and a mp3 player

Im going with the Z7, I gotta guy down here that will sell it for $800 with sight and rest and thats straight from the archery place so Its band new and its got the warranty... Not bad just had to look around and research.