• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

99 xlt special

walleyemaster08

The old sleds like esox is talking about have short lugs tracks and a good track angle because of not much suspension. On top end a deep lug track like the newer sleds have robs a lot of speed. Not saying that the old xlt will dominate anything.

Granted...I dont' have a sled yet....(hopefully the key word is yet) but if I get what I am looking at...I'll be the first to throw down a radar run as I think it would be a blast, but I doubt I'd be the fastest......though from what a lot of people tell me...the SRX is a beast to hang on to! (will I have the marbles to squeeze it out?!?!?!)

I'd say to set up a ride around a radar run (for fun) and lets settle some of these issues. Good fun....great trail riding and some friendly bragging rights! I have a few buddies of mine that would probably bring a polaris super sport, a storm, an old 340 tx and maybe a RX1 with.

And if for some reason "the boss" absolutely turns cold on the idea of me and a sled....I have my daughter's sled...a 48" toboggan I bought at hardware hanks the other day that I will be willing to run. She is real fast...my daughter let out a "weee!!!!" and dad almost sent her into the fence at the front of the house! LOL....though the studded cleats for my boots will add minimal speed! grin

It would be great to see what all the sleds run for speed! (dear god...please let my wife understand I need this sled for this post alone!!!! It would be fun!!!!!!!)

ya i agree

just some fun

no reason to get up in arms about anything

like i said else where on this thread we should just set up some rides threw the winter...and who shows...shows

i'm sure you would end up with a few guys

we have about 1500 hundred miles of trails in a 40 mile radius here in the brainerd lakes area

and very well taken care of

many different directions one can head out

My XC700SP tows my flip over great. Could care less who I can beat or how fast I can go. Lets see I buy a 600 and put all kinds of after market parts on to make it perform like a 7 or 800 when it would have been cheaper to buy the 800!!!Racing is lame and proves nothing...fists and legs- now thats fun and proves something.