• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

99 xlt special

walleyemaster08

Not sure if it would beat it..my GUESS would be yes.

My guess is it would sound a heck of a lot sweeter, but probably have half the lifespan of the 600 twin.

I think we have 4 600 triples with blown motors/problems sitting around my parents hobby farm. grin

I love em' but they don't' seem as mechanically sound as some other motors.

does any one have this years sled? If you do how fast, would this thing beat a 600 twin, any power? thanks

There is a small chance it might keep up to a old 600 twin. A new 600 twin will walk all over an old xlt. They dont put out much h.p. for the size of motor and they are heavy. The stock clutching sucks on the xlt but there were some good clutch kits made for them.

If its in nice shape and the price is right then get it. No matter what you have there will always be somebody faster.

Fishing sled = it would work fine, but probably would get stuck a lot.

Trail sled = fairly reliable, would need maintenance, couldn't keep up with the new sleds today.

Deep powder = not a chance.

If you want a fast sled, look into an 800 XCR from 1996 to 2003. Those sleds can put out 180hp +. 130mph or more on a flat surface. We had two of them until we got our RMK's.

i have a 2003 xc 600. i have put many aftermarket parts on it. no 600 triple will keep up with me. v force reeds, slp high flow airbox, slp pipes. and it rips. the biggest thing i did work with the gears and clutch thats were the power is. believe me or not 600ft i was clocked at 81.3mph. 1000ft 94.4mph. and this was last year and my sled was 7,000 miles on it.

Bring it down here Dan I'll give you a shot with my 95 580, might surprise you. Hard pack lake in Jan with below zero temps is all I ask for. Stock motor 5200 miles maybe some clutch work and aftermarket can is all for mods.

I hate to tell you this but a 95 xlt is probably one of the slowest sleds on the trail today. It wasn't very fast 16 years ago when it came out. Just look at the h.p to weight ratio. They dont even put 95 horse power. Most 600 twins are putting out at least 20 more horse and weigh much less.

Well just saying I'm not worried, I ride with lots of newer sleds and on a goodflat hardpack only 1 has stayed in front of me, an 800 Ski Doo and guessing it's tricked knowing the owner. In warm temps and crappy wet snow I can get 89+ mph GPS on it, shes alot faster than that on good hardpack and below zero temps.

i also owned a xcr 600 for awhile and i walked all over that sled and my xc 600 was stock then the xcr had some mods on it. i wish that sled did not blow up because it was funny letting my dad and brother try to snick up on me because they always tried and they could not because i could hear them and then bye see you at the next stop.

dont get me wrong that sled was fast for its times but any twin 600 will smoke you.

and them 800 were playing with you im sure.

my sled is also putting out around 125hp with the mods.

one has to comare

hp weight and gearing

i have a 600 mxz that is very fast from 0-60

or 40 to 80

but at 90 i can feel it kinda leveling out

i'm sure if i put a bigger gear in it and got out on a hard packed

snow or ice i could run along side a polaris or a cat with the same ratios weight hp etc etc !!!!!

apples to apples

get it ????

any body can sit on sled and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeze the trottle

i'm thinkin you would be aways behind me on trails !!

gregg52

yep anybody can ssqueeeeeeeeeeeeeze the trottle and go straight and go fast. it way differant on a trail making lots of turns.

as for it goes for ski doo there fast any older polaris will be left in the dust of a ski doo. i know for a fact.

I ride with all kinds on the trails and have no problems keeping up.

Trails are not the place to be racing. If you and your XLT are that fast I suggest you try racing on a real cross country course this winter. KEYBOARD RACING proves nothing. This thread is hilarious to read though.