• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

THE Portable FishHouse Modification Thread (Links, not Pics)

McGurk

I'm glad you put together this topic. I pulled my portable out and have it in the garage and want to add some compartments in the tub. I have a Eskimo QF II with the bench seat.

1. Has anyone taken the bench seat out and replaced it with 2 seats?

2. I'm debating on whether or not to take the poles off the tub while I'm working. I know it would be easier to get to the tub; but how much of a pain will it be / is it to take them off and put them back on?

Thanks!

Harv, at the end of last season I took the back off and removed the foam from the bench on my QF2. I then used removable pedastal seat holders to mount a pair of boat seats to the aluminum bench seat base. Have not actually fished in it yet but it has to be better than those bench seats.

Dave

Glad to see some action here! I'd like to keep the direction more about links to threads about mods, than discussion about them specifically. Thanks for keeping this to the top, and please; post away if you have a link to a thread dealing with something not covered already!

Such as:

Custom ATV Gear Rack

love the ideas and pics, hopefully my mod will be done soon....question for those that have already done this- what is the purpose of the carpet that u put on yours, is it waterproofing? purely looks? keep from getting splinters? or just a good cover for wood? i checked some out this am but store said had no moisture barrier at all so i was wondering what the purpose was, thx

The carpeting I mounted in mine was designed to be used as an indoor/outdoor carpet so it had a rubber backing. I installed mine for a number of reasons: Looks, Sound deminishing, as well as splintering of the top of my head. I bought mine on sale from the save big money store for $5 or so... you may want think about going that way.

Some Links courtesy of Brad B:

Custom Switching and Fuse Box for Electronics:

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2476579/1

More Electronics Wiring and Switching:

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2915028/My_Pimped_Out_Otter#Post2915028

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

They go to the old forum which is no longer active.

The posts are still here but have different links.