• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zoom Lens Question

I currently shoot a Canon 7d and have the 70-200mm L Lens..and love it. However, I often find its a little to much lens for what I want to be shooting. Meaning, I have to back up further then I want in order to capture the scene I am shooting. I also have the Canon 10-22mm lens. Once again, I love the lens but sometimes its not enough. I also have the fantastic plastic 50mm lens...very fun lens but sometimes not enough. Does anyone have any suggestions on a very good zoom lens that goes between the 10-22 and the 70-200...overlapping those areas isn't a big deal. Trying to keep the budget around 1k or less. Anyone have experience with the canon 24-70mm or the 24-105mm? Thanks

Cliffy

Thanks for the input. At this point, I am thinking of adding the 24-70 f2.8L to my collection...but when reading the reviews on certain sites, I see a lot of people complaining of getting a "bad copy". Makes me a little gun shy on pulling the trigger. The 24-105F4L IS would be more versatile in my kit....but the same sites have reviews about its limitations indoors.

I am open to suggestions on other brands that would work with the 7D. Thanks

Cliffy

At this point I would go with the 24-105. Excellent lens, and you have lenses that could be used indoors in lower light or just up the ISO on the 7D. I don't buy ANY lens new or used without putting it MY cameras and testing them out.

My favorite buy site is Fred Miranda. Easily the largest selection and a good rating system on buyers.