• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rain-deer, see what I did there?

jwhawkridge

Anyone heading out in the rain today? I think I'm going to give her a shot. With it being overcast last night and low lying areas getting filled up with water they could be up and moving around. I'm also thinking if it stays overcast this weekend might not be a bad time to be out....

A good day to try out the portable umbrella. I stood out in my yard a few weeks ago in a pretty good rain under one of these and let me tell you I was pleasently surprised. Thought it was going to be pounding like a drum, but it wasn't bad at all. Between all the noise that rain makes on the other leaves in the woods, I don't think it would be noticable at all. One thing I know is it will make days like this a lot more appealing to sit out in. Good luck for those of you who head out.

CA

Oh how I want to be in a stand. BUT not in the rain, dont want to take the risk of not being able to trail them. Just not worth it IMO.

+1 I may go out rifle hunting in the rain when they may go right down but not in the kind of down pour we have been having. Blood trails going to wash away in min's! frown

Man, did it rain last night! Managed to stay dry: waders and rain gear. Didn't see anything in the stand. Left with a few minutes of shooting hours. Came out of the woods into the alfalfa field and sure enough, a big doe and her two yearlings. She was at 25 yards when her head went up. My stupid @$$ didn't have my arrow knocked and release attached. I specifically thought when getting out of my stand "I'll do it when i get out of the woods" - STUPID. They spotted me right away and I've never been blown at so much in my life. They did their best bounding and wheezing trying to get me to move but I didn't twitch (the mosquitoes took advantage of this). Finally after a good five minutes of wheezing, loping, and mosquito bites they walked off. They knew I was there and they were concerned but not scared. Oh well, least I know there's three does there now, hopefully they're ready for the bucks soon!