• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod Holders

HugoBox

I decided not to hijack the already popular trolling thread but wanted to ask if you know what rod holders allow you to adjust the angle down enough to stick the tip of the rod in the water. On our rige now we have a bunch of Roberts (cheap but decent) and a Fish-On but neither of them give me the ability to point the rod down. Having the tip catch some of the floating weeds on these metro lakes to keep them from sliding down the line would sure be nice.

You should be able to angle the Fish-On holders down.

If your mounts are flush mounts, you can buy an extension that will raise your holder up about 4 inches allowing you to angle it down.

Fish-Ons are my favorite holders. Heavy duty and big-butted rods slide out easily.

JS

I've been in jredig's old boat once or twice, you should really check it out 50inchpig. They are definitely a sweet setup, made me want to purchase some ranger rails from cabelas and drop some down east holder on my rig... problem is the rails and holders aren't cheap and tough to fly under the fun monies radar. haha

Another vote for the down east salties. Have used ram and scotties in the past, but none compare to the strength of the down east. You just rotate them around the rails to set your angle down to put the tips in the water, or up high if you're running boards. The only down side (other than price) is that some reels (large diameter w/ narrow bodies) don't like to sit down in them quite as nice, but most muskie reels fit just fine.

What do they say, possession is 9/10's of the law? winkwhistle

I was a bit surprised to hear the Ranger is now powered by a Honda! Also, since ownership is in question, who has to clean it when Sunny, Tucker, or Brinks takes a leak in it?