• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swamp People

LMITOUT

Yeah thats to bad, those guys were a couple of characters! One good thing, the surviving brother will have all those episodes to watch of him and his brother and that should help him some? Maybe not at first, but eventually he'll come to cherish them. I'm sure he will miss him terribly and probably be quite lost without him. A sad situation.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what Malcom meant when he could smell gators, saying they smell like snappers. If you ever catch an old snapper, you know they stink to high heaven. It's a unique smell. Most of the things these guys spew forth I take as half fact/half urban legend, but I knew exactly what he was saying when he mentioned gators smelling like snapping turtles. Malcom must not be much of a net patcher, hard to believe a few holes in his hoop nets would break him.

Running out of time, Day 21 in the books. I wonder what Joe and Tommy get for a pound of shrimp?

Season finale looked like creative editing...you're telling me Troy catches his largest gator on his last tag? What I don't understand, and maybe I need to call Louisiana Fish and Game, is what happens when these guys tag out and have gators on their other lines? They just cut the ropes and leave? All I've seen is perfect endings and I know it really isn't that way in reality.

I don't care for the attitudes of RJ and Jay Paul, but they have a point...500 tags for 2 guys in 30 days versus 470 for 4 guys in two boats? I wish it was like Deadliest Catch and we got to see mean size as well as total catch.

Rough finish for Bruce.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe you can only set as many lines as you have remaining tags?

Post production editing? That never happens! I thought everybody always catches their biggest fish/gator last...that's always the story on the weigh-in stage. grin

I guess I have to say that I'm growing a little weary of it? Those stupid sayings that the Molinares come up with..."Dude, I'll tell you what bro, if chicken is what it is, then I'm glad that I live in the swamp, gimme some, being native, cause I'm commin out, cause I was born and raised in the swamp and you know what I'm sayin?" Then a high five and fist bumps and elbow bumps. Well, actually, "No" half the stuff they say doesn't even make sense?

Hunting gators wouldn't be something that I would care to do though. The smell of the rotten bait meat and the boat full of stinking gators, would have me looking green in the gills the entire time. Plus them big bast herds chomping on the boat and stuff, I think that would take some getting used to! I wouldn't mind going on a ride along for a day though.

Also, don't they have biting insects down there like skeeters, gnats, black flys, horse flys and things like that? You never see them swatting at biters? If they did have, you'd think that Bruce, the half naked guy, would be covered in bumps and scabs from scratching.

I'll probably watch it again next season, just to see if they change it up any?

im done with most reality shows in general axmen is horrible, gold rush is right there to, i wonder how deadlist catch will be

I'm with you. I might tune into one now and again, but I'm not wasting DVR space on any of them. I have high hopes for DC, but I also won't be too upset if it's another mediocre season. I might smile a little bit inside if Elliot Neese gets thrown overboard by his own crew on the Ramblin Rose, though. He and Jake Harris should maybe take a season or two off and get their lives straightened out a bit...

I'm also done with Swamp People. I think two seasons was enough. Of course I watched more than that but should have stopped after two.

My new favorite is Wicked Tuna on Sunday nights. Yesterday was the second episode of season 2. I'll watch it tonight.

I just started watching it last season, and after about 10 shows I was sick of it.

Same stuff every episode...catch some gators, hurry up times runnin' out bla bla blah.

The part that really gets me with all of these reality shows is the fact that after every commercial break they have to regurgitate the previous 30 seconds of the show.

Do you really think that people have that short of memory?

I mean that is a stupid way of making 20 episodes out of the material they filmed for 10. I would rather see more uninteresting stuff than regurgitated material after every break.

For the now, I have watched a few episodes of "Wicked Tuna" it's 'Aw-ite' but I'm wondering how far they can go with the limited scope? I'll check out Swamp People again, but if it hasn't changed, I'll find something else to watch.