• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FIBA World Basketball Championships

Scott M

Should be fun to watch the US play. They will have to play tough and scrappy like they have in exhibitions...they don't have the overwhelming talent edge. Do they still have the talent edge? Yes, just not overwhelmingly and they don't have the same chemistry as other teams.

Henry Abbott mentions that during the tournament, viewers should also watch Ricky Rubio:

"Although Minnesota general manager David Kahn has been maligned for picking a player who stayed overseas, the truth is that Rubio is developing nicely, and his rights may be the Timberwolves' most important basketball asset.

One of the sad things about this tournament is the great many players who will miss it due to injury, and Spanish point guard Jose Calderon is near the top of those who will be missed.

However, having the young and flashy Rubio as the unquestioned leader of one of the tournament's best teams will make for good viewing, and good basketball. As M. Haubs of The Painted Area points out, "Calderon has a much lower turnover rate than Rubio, which could be key vs. the ball-hawking Americans, yet the Spanish were significantly better with Rubio on the floor Sunday (plus-19 vs. minus-20 by plus/minus)."

Love is a good player and I couldn't figure out last year what Rambis was trying to do with benching him alot. The guy isn't flashy and you won't run your offense through him but he is a good player.

Yeah he isn't great on defense but neither was anyone that replaced him in the Wolves line-up.......Rambis has it out for Love I feel and I wouldn't be suprised to see Love get moved because of friction between him and Rambis

Watched the game this afternoon, very nice job defensively by the Americans. Kevin Durant is going to be a special player in the NBA. Now they'll have troubles picking 12 guys from the 2008 and 2010 Olympic/FIBA teams for London 2012. Coach K should be coaching the US every year...they need someone that will motivate millionaire athletes to play with pride, heart, and stubborn defense.

Kevin Durant is a special player in the NBA and he is only 21!!!! This was a good group of mainly kids with 2 vets (Odom, Billups). They played hard and disiplined for NBA players and shut teams down with their athletic ability and decent defense. Odom had his best game when we needed him most!! Amazing that they won with Chandler being the only true center and barely playing!!! GO USA way to bring the GOLD back to the USA!!!!!!

I think this is post 3000 for me...wow I have alot of opinions and comments!!HAHA

Thanks da chise31!! I appreciate that at least someone doesn't hate me and my comments out there!!haha I also like to read your information and comments on sports, fishing and everything in between!!!