• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Older Bow Set-up

I inheritated a PSE bow from my brother when he died. I put it on the shelf and haven't touched it in 8 years. I would like to start using it but I have a couple of questions.

What do I need to do to get it set up?

Should I just bring it to Gander and have them go through it?

What should I expect to spend to get it up to date?

Thanks,

Mike

bring it to a pro shop and have them look at it see if the limbs and cams are ok then start from there

For sure.

I hunted for years with an old 50% letoff heavy Martin compound bow I picked up on the cheap at a garage sale. Took it to an archery shop for them to evaluate it, and all it needed was a new string. Shot just as many deer as the guys with the featherweight high-priced units, and had a lot of fun doing it.

Good luck with the bow. Every time you shoot it you'll remember your bro. smile

I still have my old pse from 95 and it still shoots great I keep it for a back up of my back up of my back up you can never have enough bows. Stop in and talk to Mike foster at forest lake gander he will help he works weekdays till 4pm. I would get new strings and cables and maybe a new cable slide then go stick a giant.