• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Old Music Memorabilia, Albums, Posters and What Not!

Shack

Unfortunately this thread was brought upon (thought of doing it) because a good friend of mine, who was a musician, passed away a month or so ago. Although tragic in the death, but we knew. It is very sad and I am just glad I got to visit with him before his passing and the expeirences I had with him during his life time. I figured Karma had to be placed forth before I could continue. smile Plus, I know he would love to know I started a thread that could see maybe a 100 views about something he loved. wink He knew me very well and I know he knew I would do this. grin

With that put-forth, I received some very cool stuff he left my way. It has made me revisit my archived collection of stuff that I have yet to un-archive. But!!! Will do!

I am talking vinyl Albums! Anyone collect vinyl here at HSO? cool

He entrusted me with his valuable stuff that he still had, which included his album collection, because he knows it will stay together and be revered as how he would have done himself. I have an unseen album collection that is talked about, but not seen (sealed as of now). I also have a killer, vintage 1978-79 Pioneer PL-518 I got many moons (with a diamond needle) ago that is not sealed:

2fe40eda.jpg

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

What was graciously donated to my collection of albums was this:

IMG_1015.jpg

And a couple posters:

IMG_1017.jpg

The musician oriented stuff and equipment is going to my son, who is also a music/guitar buff. My friend knew this very well.

People who know me, "know" I collect this stuff. I have concert tickets and stubs, concert paraphernalia, old music posters, reel to reel and other stuff.

Just seeing if anyone else out in HSO land is a music buff from the 50's, 60's, 70's and beyond.

The two albums on the left look like Frank Zappa, and Ten Years After. Good Stuff!

Curtistodd thank you for your post smile . First post for this thread could have not been any better than what you posted.

Yes Frank & Ten Years are those albums. Santana is on the right. I have not gone threw what is in here yet, beside the 45'. If the 45's are any indication, there should be some good music in the rest of the collection.

I plan this winter to transfer (I know) all my albums to .mp3. Nothing like the crackle of vinyl when a good song is played. smile I also like/respect the choice of his music, which could be a factor in getting this collection.

I have not had time to dig into the albums yet, but the little I did see was some Small Faces and Faces albums, which I do not have. Very cool!

I still have my system but it has not been played or put together for awhile but it is a Sansui G-7700 that would put out 120 watts per speaker. The speakers were 4 Klipsch Hersay's along with my Kenwood Kd-5100 turntable and a JVC SEA-80 10 band graphic EQ, a Sony MTL-10 that would play 10 cassettes back to back for 15 hours of straight music and a Kenwood KX-2060 cassette deck. This was all bought while I was stationed in Army while in Germany.

Shack here is a list of what I have left for vinyl:

Toto IV

Traffic The low spark of high heeled boys

Patsy Cline Always

The David Allan Coe Band Nothing Sacred

Joe Walsh The Smoker you drink the player you get

Kenny Rodgers Greatest Hits

James Gang Rides Again

REO Speedwagon You can tune a piano , but you can't tuna fish

Kansas Vinyl Confessions

JJ Cale Troubadour

Supertramp Crime of the Century Half Master

Bruce Springsteen Born to Run Half Master

Eagles One of these Nights

Lynyrd Skynyrd Second Helping

April Wine The Nature of the Beast

The Doobie Brothers what were once vices are now habits

Who's Next

Led Zepplin Houses of the Holy

Shack,

I too still have my Pioneer pl-518 turntable and have about 30 vinyl lp's .

Who's next

Uriah Heep

Frampton comes alive

Marshall Tucker

and whole lot more.

Spent many hours recording them on to cassette so I could listen to them

on my Craigpower play in my 66 Ford long before it would have been considered a collectors car. LOL! Man! those were the carefree days.

I started collecting vinyl after i fell thru the ice in april of 09' !! I figured that was a good indication that the ice fishing season was over, and I needed a new hobby.

I have around 300 already.

Willie Nelson

Bob Seger

Grateful Dead

John Mellencamp

Beach Boys

Beatles

Rolling Stones, Alice Cooper, etc. etc. I have gotten lucky at a few garage sales.

Kansas..Masque

Pink Floyd..Dark Side of the Moon

Creedance Cleawater Revival...Cosmo's Factory

Kiss...Destroyer

The James Gang...Rides Again

Jefferson Starship...Red Octopus

Frigid Pink...Earth Omen

Rolling Stones...Sticky Fingers

REO Speedwagon..You can Tune a Piano, but you can't Tuna Fish

Jimi Hendrix..several of those

Elton John...Madman Across the Water

Frampton comes Alive

Santana..Abraxas

There are others but all vinyl

Well this thread got me thinking and I went to the attic to pull out my collection. It is a little smaller after a real smart move in college. We took out some that I did not like and had a little trap shooting practice. I still have quite a few left and some that I totally forgot about. The one I had to laugh about is the 2 record set of the Star Wars soundtrack. Thanks for bringing back the memories. wink