• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The first few shoots with our daughter.....

Had a little time in the past month to do a couple short sessions with our daughter, here are a some of the shots I came away with. I am finding that I may need to jump into the 50mm 1.4 lens for shooting indoors as many of the shots with the flower pedals were grainy (had to shoot 1600) and I could not get shutter speeds fast enough even then. Not enough room to use the 70-200.

Please feel free to C&C with how these shots could be improved, or lighting could be adjusted. I have cropped a few of these, but none are edited at this point. Sorry for the odd and changing sizes, I adjusted the photo size quickly in MS paint and did not get them all the same after cropping.

full-3806-285-picture211_edit.jpg

full-3806-286-picture197_edit.jpg

full-3806-287-picture338_edit.jpg

full-3806-288-picture237_edit_2.jpg

full-3806-289-picture027_edit.jpg

full-3806-290-picture104_edit.jpg

full-3806-291-picture145_edit.jpg

full-3806-292-picture148_edit.jpg

Very nice work. Can you give some more details on your lighting and settings? You did a great job keeping the black background black. That can be a challenge when you are close to the background and using off camera lighting. Beautiful little girl. You'll be getting plenty of use out of the camera, I'm sure.

Thanks guys. I am open to suggestions if I could do something better in these shots!

Can you give some more details on your lighting and settings?

It was all natural lighting. The first four shots were on a sunny day and I was using a large diffuser panel I made between baby and the sun, with the backdrop angled just enough so the sun did not shine on it. The last four shots were on a somewhat cloudy day and again I used the diffuser over a window in our bedroom. The light was the brightest in the bedroom at the time those were shot.

Sorry, I can't edit the original post to make this easier.....but here is the exif data on the shots (all AP):

1) Iso 200, F6.3, 1/100, 70mm

2) Iso 200, F6.3, 1/250, 140mm

3) Iso 400, F6.3, 1/500, 73mm

4) Iso 100, F6.3, 1/200, 85mm

5) Iso 800, F3.2, 1/400, 50mm

6) Iso 1600, F5.6, 1/250, 50mm

7) Iso 800, F7.1, 1/80, 50mm

8) Iso 800, F4, 1/200, 50mm