• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Table Rock Lake

I have never fished this lake. I am willing to try fishing for any species. We will be staying by Kimberling (sp?) City I believe. Any advice on areas, tactics, etc... would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Wish I could help but that is a little too far south for me. Like most places, I would check with the local bait shops, marinas and with whom you may be staying. Good luck.

i have been to table rock twice and the last time about 10 years ago. it was this time of the year also. we stayed at a resort. as far as fishing i wanted to catch bass. like the other poster said ask the locals for advice. i went to the shallows with all the dead trees and bassy looking water. big mistake. so wasting two days in the shallows i did some trolling in 80ft of water and saw fish around 25ft suspended-bingo. i was using a deep diving plug that went down that deep. i trolled the rest of the week using that method and cought largemouth and kentucky's. the min. size at the time for bass was 15in. most of what i caught were 15 or a little better. never caught a hog but i dont mind that a bit. the resort guy asked me if i kept any. i said i dont keep any just catch and release. he told me to keep some and try em. well my wife wanted some fish fry so i did and they were good. i guess people keep bass there more than here. so i would check for suspended fish. also seen big flat head catfish swimming near the surface a lot feeding on sunnies. the river below the dam has rainbow trout in it. check out the hatcherie located there. silver dollar city is like vally fair. branson for entertaining. oh yeah, dont expect to find beer in silver dollar city-just pop. you can buy beer in gas stations there. people were very friendly too. hope this helps a little. good luck.

Thanks for the help. I am planning on talking to some bait shops and the resort owner for sure, but I truly appreciate the advice about the shallows. ALways good to know.

THanks again.

Anymore advice anyone?

I used to have a place at Norfork, a little further down, similar water. In summer fish are usually suspended in or over deep water usually near

the channels in curves and points. Fishing is usually with Hopkins spoons

verticle jigging. Water is gin clear so 40' is a good place to start.