• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Karavan Trailers

Just wondering if any of you have experience with the inexpensive line of Karavan 2 place tilt snowmobile trailers? I am on the hunt for a trailer before winter and I saw on c list last year that a dealer had new karavan tilt beds for $700 to $750 I think. I have been looking and used Tritons go for around that. Dont know if I would be better off going with a new, but inexpensive one, or a used trailer that may be better built. I have not had a chance to look at a Karavan in person to look at quality of work, etc. Thanks

Just wondering if any of you have experience with the inexpensive line of Karavan 2 place tilt snowmobile trailers? I am on the hunt for a trailer before winter and I saw on c list last year that a dealer had new karavan tilt beds for $700 to $750 I think. I have been looking and used Tritons go for around that. Dont know if I would be better off going with a new, but inexpensive one, or a used trailer that may be better built. I have not had a chance to look at a Karavan in person to look at quality of work, etc. Thanks

Man TroutK, no help after all this time? I have had a 8 X 10 2 place Karavan for about 12 or more years now and it has worked great. Never left me on the side of the road and I have been all over this state pulling sleds and 4 wheelers. I have done the needed over the years. Changed the bearings once, put on new set of wheels once and it maybe time to put some new plywood down after my buddy and his studs!!! cry But, all in all I have been happy with mine! Good luck. smile

I don't have any experience with the Karavan trailers as I have a Triton, but I'd buy any aluminum snowmobile trailer as long as it had the features that I wanted. My first trailer was a alum. tilt trailer with a rigid salt shield that you had to drive on/back off. I got rid of that one after one year and bought a drive on/drive off trailer that I like a lot better. As long as the trailer was an aluminum drive on/off trailer with a salt shield and a good tilt system, I wouldn't care what name was on it. Make sure to check the tilt system on it as well. There are some trailers that wont stay tilted without someone maintaing a downward pressure on it, making it almost impossible for you to load/unload by yourself. BTW, I bought mine last year used for 1200, so even the good used ones are a little more spendy, but IMO well worth it. Maybe this time of year you can find better deals though. Good luck.