• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lakemaster Chip and HDS units

WaveWacker

Well getting closer and closer to figuring out the two new HDS units. New question. I ended up getting two new Lakemaster chips for them and have soem things seem different then on my 111C. I'm assuming it's a difference in the new chips compared to the old.

I'm going to talk about Gull Lake here which is a HD lake. I'm not sure of the model numbers on the chips I'm talking about here, but on my oldest chip and my dad's 4 yr. old pro-map chip, Gull comes up with 3' contours on it and seems to have more general contour areas a different background color so that they stuck out.

Now Gull has 1' contours and the background doesn't seem the same with the new chips and the hds. I need to stick the old one in to compare. Any thoughts or similar experience on the HD lakes that were surveyed for 1' accuracy but were 3' on the older chips?

Thanks,

WW

Does your HDS have a built in hard drive with pre-loaded maps? I was having that issue once with my LCX-38, then I figured out that I was looking at the pre-loaded map that was built into my unit and not a 1' countour map that was loaded on my chip.

I actually don't want to view the 1' as all the lines for me make things cluttered. I'd rather have my 3'. Maybe I have to check out some map settings. Where do I go on the HDS to find that?

The map redraw now seems slow or I should say is definately slower than my 112. Also on the older chips/units the map zoom would display in a .1mile, .06mile, .05mile. but now there is a scale bar with changes length and has 100ft. or whatever under it. I suppose that's just the way it is??

I hear you on the clutter for the 1 ft contour and the unit will be slower because its reading more info. I think your stuck with 1 ft contours on the lakes have them. They are really irritating on a handheld.

Oh, for ones information an HD lake as described by lakemaster are lakes they did the actual mapping no special high definition or anything like that just the accuracy they put out.