• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1984 Ranger 22' Bass boat V8 I/O

kotadust

does any one know much about these havent seen to many bass boats with an I/O

this is the ad for it I am waiting to hear back on the email i sent the guy

1984 Ranger bass boat. 350 v8 chev with Merc Cruser I/O. seats 9 , + 2 pedistal seats. 2 live wells,2 huge coolers, tons of storage.

spare props, and lower unit. 60+mph

also aprox. what would the spare lower unit be worth if it is in good condition

any input or advice on this boat would be much apreciated thanks

Dennis

There wasn't any thing like that stated in the ad for it so I am not thinking thats it. I have found a little bit just enough to confirm that they did make some with I/O merc cruisers around that era just havent been able to fins a whole lot else about them ..... so I come to the knowledge of these forums lol or the many people of these forums I should say. Were was the one that you saw listed at if you dont mind

Did you actually see the boat in person or in a picture ? If not it might be the poster that is blowing up smoke.

I've seen plenty of Ford trucks with a Cummins diesel or, a Chevy Powerstroke.

Be sure it's an I/O because OMC did make a 235hp V8 outboard.

This tells me I should have looked it up before opening my yapper, shouldn't I.... blush

I simple search would have shown it, anyway it had a 350 Mercruiser and a Bravo II, that was impressive.

biggest thing that I was wondering was if any one had had much experience with that era of the rangers and with the I/O rangers any personal experience and what not. It's always good to hear from those who have lived with somthing and aren't the ones trying to sell it to you lol.

I can still remember older tv shows of Jimmy Houston fishing out of one and pushing them for his marina. Like most ranger boats they are built to last. In any boat that old, your going to have issues with electrical components, worn out seats, carpet, and parts. The only downside I can see is the large engine cowl that is on the rear deck, that limits your casting space. You could stand on top of it, but it might be difficult in a big chop.

yea thats pretty much it except the one i was looking at the deck didnt go all the way back to the consoles ....take all of the red on the one in pictures here away and put 2 bench seats going length wise on either side of the boat in its place seats were pretty tore up, carpet was hashed and clear was starting to peel in a few places other then that wasent to bad lol. From the looks of this one i think there was a little bit more deck space in the back between the motor cover and the seats but either way wasent able to come to an agreement on the price with the guy so ......sucks lol would have loved to get into a boat that size and that power

In general, an I/O from that era works, but will be a bit of a hassle - you'll need to pull the outdrive on a yearly basis and grease the gimbal bearings, and depending on the use and care, some of the bellows, etc might be due to be replaced...

marine_man