• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Body repair?

Dusty

I damaged a rear fender on my wheeler,hit a tree and put about a 2' crack in the fender. I used epoxy to put it back together. So far it has held up but I suspect if I bump anything it will open back up. I am thinking of putting fiber glass on the underside of the fender and using bondo to fill in the crack from the top side, sanding and painting. Anyone have opinions or other ideas other than replacing the whole rear deck?

I damaged a rear fender on my wheeler,hit a tree and put about a 2' crack in the fender. I used epoxy to put it back together. So far it has held up but I suspect if I bump anything it will open back up. I am thinking of putting fiber glass on the underside of the fender and using bondo to fill in the crack from the top side, sanding and painting. Anyone have opinions or other ideas other than replacing the whole rear deck?

Just a FYI. I worked in Fiberglass for about 20 years making everything from bass boats to whirlpools you name it. Fiberglass will not stick (bond) to that type of plastic, it will just pop off in time. New parts or plastic weld which more or less melts into the plastic you are repairing is about the only thing that will work. Good luck! wink

My bride put a nice frown in the wheel well/front fender of our big bear two weeks after buying it new . At least it saved her leg from getting speared . I used a thin piece of aluminum from a printers plate and riveted on the underside of the fender . It has withstood everything and still doing its job 3000 klicks and almost 3 years later . One really has to look close or I have to point it out that it was even damaged .

Someday I'll put a new front on because mines only 150 bucks but I'm not bothering just incase the bride or myself add another frown . LOL

TD