• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

River Pro Boats

Dennis Steele

Well I got the River Pro in the water this weekend on Pool 2.I have to say this machine is something else.The one I have been driving is the 2072 Low Pro with a 120hp Merc Sport jet.It has more than enough power to jump on plane in about 4 boat lengths and you can reach full speed of just under 40mph in aoubt 6 or 7 seconds.All the newer boats come with a 175hp Merc Sport Jet or bigger.I can only imagine how that power would improve the all ready fantastic performance.Driving the boat is absolutly a joy.To turn this jet you hit the throttle and the jet pushes the back end of the boat until you the boat is in the direction you want to go and then crank the wheel back and you on your way.Its a blast!At normal cruising it handles similarly to a prop boat with just slight turns of the wheel.The biggest benefit of this boat is that it can travel in just a few inches of water.I took Grabs and Auquaman around the entire island on pool 2 and through the all three sets of rapids.The water running over the first set of rapids drops a full six inches from above to below the rocks and the rocks were only a few inches under the water.The bottom of the boat did not even tick the rocks.The second set has numerous large boulders strewn about and she blazed right over them .I ticked one rock in a turn on one run when I let up on the throttle a little early in a turn but when I got back to the landing there was only a little scuff on the 3/16th aluminum bottom.One tough bottom!If your thinking about running a shallow river this is the boat to do it in.I am amazed at how well this boat performs through shallow water and all!
You can find out more about them at their HSOforum.
http://riverpro-boats.com/

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
"fishhead"
[email protected]
mnriverguidedfishing.homestead.com/

He's not braggin' it up, ya'll - that thing was amazing! Very little wake, extremely stable, and I was in awe when we went over those rapids! Thanks again, Fishhead! Oh, and for those of you who might be taking kids out in your boat, when he goosed it up to plane, there wasn't that big lurch that sends kids tumbling to the floor (if you're lucky) - just a medium surge. Thanks again!

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

Thanks - He had fun, too. I'm gettin' that rool of film done today and I'll try to get a shot of that walleye on my Fishingworks site tomorrow!

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{

Hey mistermom. What you doing sunday?
Dark 30 and I are going to hit the MN River.
Can't fish for white tips but the cats are starting to wake up and I did get a 40lber yesterday.
Since you missed the trip on sunday your welcome to join us

------------------
"fishhead"
[email protected]

Wow - you used your angry eyes!!!

Actually....we had a LOUSY time and when we weren't bailing water out of the boat we were trying to jumpstart it with two pennies, a quick-strike harness and a potato. While a C.O. was cruising by my son yelled "Daddy - is that a pig?" referencing of course the fake walleye in the photo, but that's not how the C.O. heard it. Apparently, instead of fatheads, the baitshop had sold Fishhead a rare strain of Ausralian BowBacked Goby (Immagivenus Bullus) and not only did we get fined $20,000.00 for poaching an endangered species, but another $15,000.00 for introducing an exotic to the Mississippi Basin! PER MINNOW!

See, you're lucky you couldn't make it.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{

I'm going fishing with you and Dark! Are you talking afternoon (please)! I'll e-mail you. Thanks Dennis!

mm

I don't believe you Hydro-boy! I'm angry at self for actually spending time with my family. I gotta knock that off.

[This message has been edited by mistermom (edited 03-25-2003).]

Back to the subject?
I too felt really comfortable in the Low Pro. She was remarkably stable in the water, and handled really well in turns and just toolin' around on the water. The oversized front and rear decks are great to fish off of, and I can't wait to get a good nights sleep there this summer, instead of wakin' up with a stiff neck from falling asleep in a chair again.
I'm not sure that I'd ever put myself in a league with this much boat, though. She's BIG! And you need some horsepower under the hood just to trailer this machine.
I guess I'm just kind of a simple guy. My little 14 foot Lund will get er' done for me just fine.
I think if we mounted a 60 mm on that front deck, though, well I might reconsider! Just use it to scare off those boats comin' a little to close ya' know what I mean.

She is a big comfy boat.Plenty of room to fish and to land the big ones.I am not sure of the weight on the 2072 Low Pro but my 4x4 Ford with a v6 handled the trailering fine.The 1872 Hi Pro with a 175 Merc sport jet (1190lbs)weighs less than my 17ft aluminum Deep Vee with a 90 Merc outboard(1480lbs).
Heck Sam you wouldn't need one anyway as you have your summer planned out in my River Pro allready.You even have your "knap" spot picked out on the boat smile.gif

------------------
"fishhead"
[email protected]

Dennis,
The river gods work in strange ways. I stopped at the spillway last night on the way home to check water levels, and happened to throw a maribou around a little, and I see somethin' stickin up outta the water - it's a crusty old rod someone must have lost last year. It's a cheapo with two guides left on it and it smells funny, the reel is cooked and the finish is bubbling off, but - it's a rod.

No fish caught, but the water is a little higher.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{

Oh Man,

The river god has spoken. A sign that high quality rods do not belong in your possession. The river god is telling you to donate your money instead to Dennis, the mighty one. The masterful god of the river who shows mercy to all (except those who get too close to his boat). If you appease him, he may grant you a fish.....If you anger him, he will take your gear. Never have nicer gear than the river god.....or it must be sacrificed.

Lets all have a moment of silence and pay respect to Dennis the omnipotent being. He who can bring 40 pound fish from the depths when no mortal man dare. He whose craft is the mightiest, whose knowledge is the highest, whose wife is the bravest.......I salute you.

------------------
I fish.....Therefore I grovel.

Here....Fisheeeeeeee!!

Wastey???

Is this the Dennis I know????????

The one with all the catfish groupies surrounding that funky looking boat! (You know college type girls that wear tube tops, and short shorts!) You should have seen those girls last weekend! Lining up along the river chanting "Fishead, Fishead, Fishead!" It was an amazing site to see! I don't know how Dennis's wife handles it, the amount of girls virtually throwing themselves at his feet! He even had 6 girls waiting at the launch in bikini's to back his truck in and make sure he got it loaded right! Unbelievable!

I'm getting a ride in the Riverpro on Sunday. So only crusty old riverrats will be there to admire the fine craft....Right? Yes. That's our story. There are no catfish/Fishhead/Riverpro groupies for my wife to worry about.

mm

WW - I see clearly now! The River Gods have chosen Fishhead as their High Priest, and by my flagrant, vulgar, sacriligious act of bringing a new rod & reel onto his Fantasy Ferry of Fish Fighting Freaks I needed to be humbled, postated (sp?), and put back in my mortal place.

When we of The Flock need a Guide - we're not "hiring" Fishhead - we're tithing him!

Those groupies - they were sent by Lakecifer to tempt High Priest Fishhead away from The Current Way.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{

What the...!River gods,groupies following me,high priest fishhead?I think guys had fermented applesauce and a "bad" mushroom burger for lunch! smile.gif

Maybee not.Book Your Trip Now! grin.gif

------------------
"fishhead"
[email protected]