• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prayers Needed

Hello everyone,

I am not one to ask for such things but my wife's bother needs all the help he can get. On May 13 my 38 yr old brother in law had a massive cardiac event. His wife was able to start full CPR within 15 seconds of him going down, medics arrived about 3 min after 911 call and took him to er where cpr and all efforts were made to get a heart beat. After 45 min of cpr and ER events he had a heart beat.

With this in mind, he was put into ICU and is on a vent. He is breathing over the vent however they cannot remove it until they have a new secure airway. Over the weekend he developed a blot clot in his lung which was removed yesterday by a thoracic surgeon. She was able to inflate his lung so that is a step forward.

The neurologist has been doing scans etc, but has not ever seen a situation like he has. We called in a favor to the neurologist that treated Bret Michael's in Phoenix when he had his bleed. My wife's company made a very sizable grant to this doctor a couple years ago so he is offering suggestions etc. He called yesterday and said that the MRI shows a ribbon stroke. This is much better than a stroke that we all know about, it is similar to chipping crust off a pizza vs removing a whole piece. We are luck that the frontal and temporal lobes are not damaged but he does have some brain damage.

So to make a long story short, he is still not awake, he was the only bread winner has 5 kids 2 of which are 4 month old twins. So if you would please keep him in your mind, that would be great, i am going to put the address to a HSOforum that was established to share his story.

Thank you in advance from the Guvenoz family.

Jeff

www. fatheroffive .org

Just wanted to give everyone an update. My brother in law is being moved to Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. He has oxygen deprived brain damage and the overall prognosis is still unknown. The RIC has a group with works with this type of patient and hopefully with this treatment we can get some type of recovery. Each day brings something new and progress but as anyone who may have gone through this, things cannot happen fast enough. We are seeking ideas for fundraising and have set up a HSOforum www. fatheroffive .org if anyone wants to see the updates and read the whole story on what happened.

I cannot say thank you enough to the first responders, the er staff at Delnor hospital and the outpouring of support from so many people around the world, many who i have never met nor probably ever will have the chance to meet.

Thank you again for your prayers and thoughts, they have help more than anyone will ever know.

Jeff