• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishfinder installation on an aluminum boat

basstom

they use to make like deal that held the transducer and clamped onto

your transom

not sure if they make em any more or not

Probably pretty easy to make one. Depends on the size of your boat though. I found drilling a hole and marine grade silicon to be quick, simple, and effective. But this was on a deep-v.

You're options are:

1) Clamps (as described above)

2) Adhesive a 'Ducer board (3M 5200 may actually make this possible, though not as robust as bolts)

3) Drill Baby Drill

Option #3 on my boat done by the dealer. I feel it's the cleanest option, but you want to make sure the silicone is rated for below the waterline and was applied liberally.

I've honestly heard that the 3M 5200 gives a really good bond. So much so that it's really hard to remove.

Cheap and easy way to to it and have it also be removable so you can use it on multiple boats is to get a piece of wood 2x4, 1x6 or similar and cut to the height of the transom and clamp it on. May not be the most secure and could possibly move, but I've used this before and it worked well.

If you decide to drill, do yourself a favor and get a plastic transducer mounting board. That way if you remove/change/add a transducer you are not putting any more holes in your transome, only the 2 original holes to mount the transducer board.