• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

And some of you know I have connection problems now and than. Dtro and shack know about Rats one bar of red. While dealing wtih Comcast's awesome outages last night I was playing around trying to find my best wireless signal.

As some of you know the wireless adapter clips into the back of the xbox. Either I have a faulty used wifi adapter and thats why the guy wanted to sell it, or the design is just horse apples!

When I un-clipped the wifi adapter from the back of the xbox and just laid it on the floor it grabbed an amazing signal. I tested my signal again and was watching the wireless signal meter as I clipped it back on to the xbox and it dropped the signal significantly.

Its now just laying on the floor. hopefully I do not have any connection issues anymore.

Gonna lay down some epoxy on fishing rod tonight and have to check it every now and than for five hours after I lay it down. So I should be playing most of the night. Who's gonna be on?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI ~

IN PROGRESS

Patch 1.04 is nearing the end of Phase 2 testing. Going into Phase 3 submissions on 12/6.

Patching process: http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=346952

Issues Addressed:

* • Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.

* • Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.

* • Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.

* • Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.

* • Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.

* • Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.

* • Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.

* • Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.

* • Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.

* • Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.

* • Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.

* • Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions.

* • Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.

* • Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:

* • Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.

* • Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.

* • Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.

* • Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.

* • Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.

* • Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.

* • Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

* • Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.

* • Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.

About freaking time. They completely neutered sniping in BOps so that it was practically useless.

LOL! Thank gosh. They ain't fixing IMO a killer game play legit (well better your odds in a bum match) glitch I have found, worked with and have good footage with the proof. Just have to package it together in a video. I should be on tonight and will go into detail with those I hook up with. Actually have LIMIT to thank for the idea as it dawned on my last Friday when I was pulling together a post bunking that article Dtro posted and hosin' LIMIT's mumbojumbo response out of the park. Those sources seem to be about a week late bringing anything to light that those who tech-out and play like it is their last time playing pick up on...

I give more weight in the theory which Sniperfrog and game cooling programs installed in the engines went haywire before that "leak" being posted. It is fact that network settings (basic and default, with mega bandwidth wrapped in) made for killer game play with MW2 and (right now or last week) suck when it comes to BO.

SO finally proof as to what we have been saying since the end of week 1 is coming out. I could go into more detail but I am about spent on this subject. Thanks for posting. Been to busy this last weekend and today to check up on anything. With how I have things set up now I am getting 4 solid bars and expecting great game play almost every match. Skill is starting to take over where adapting and fixes was the only option. Should be killer come game time when this patch comes out. All I will say is watch the host like I was showing Dtro last week. I have got it down now as I can almost 100% predict who will win depending on the level players, with the rouge lower rank throwing a wrench in. Maybe just a killer player, but I also think most are not that far in and are starting new accounts to wipe their stats from this wishy washie game play the first month.

Oh darn, no more triple package rolling....frown

Hey Shack, where did you read that the name in red is the host? I can't find that anywhere. I've also heard that the person in red is your nemesis from the last match???

Well

Quote:
I give more weight in the theory which Sniperfrog and game cooling programs installed in the engines went haywire before that "leak" being posted.

The first part bolded should have given the impression with the under lined next part added in next that my poking grin 'feeling' was the idea is as bogus as I feel towards the the brainchild leak that came out last week. Not to mention it being from an inside source within the gaming designer which has clammed up so tight towards legit concerns such in a fashion as one might conclude that they have no clue and are in panic mode.

The second bolded part references to a term used which means something/anything that is designed to stay orderly, controlled, or to do only one specific task malfunctions in such a manor which is beyond the realm of acceptance and stays within this parameter with no quick solution or fix other time needed to figure it out. Which would explain within reason your game play performance as of late you shared with us.

haywire [ˈheɪˌwaɪə]

adj (postpositive) Informal

1. (of things) not functioning properly; disorganized (esp in the phrase go haywire)

2. (of people) erratic or crazy

[alluding to the disorderly tangle of wire removed from bales of hay]

laugh

If you look closely and read between the lines in the "Gameplay Tuning" portion in CJH's post above, you can ever clearly see this. I will even zoom it in for ya. laugh

Gameplay Tuning:

* • Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.

Fix SniperFrog Program Patch

* • Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.

* • Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.

* • Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in

* • Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.

* • Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

Be on in a couple minutes dude! grin LOL!

So I was right when I said that Treyarch is punishing me for my excellent game play, using a super-secret Area 51 type code that slows down better players.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So who wrote this Sniperfrog routine (which was speculated about LAST YEAR in MW2)? Was it the guy on the grassy knoll?

SniperFrog knows all! eek

The leaked docs from today said he is dialed in with a plus or minus of .0250" at 1100 yards. The most interesting part of the top secrete leak was during his early morning target practice today, he was seen using targets that has the outline profile which appeared to be that of a wizard. shocked

No, it was a couple of jog heads in one of the forums I happened upon last Friday. I will go back and find in tomorrow but he was claiming that his horrible game play these past weeks with all the reports are proof Sniperfrog is real.

I knew as soon as the games started whether or not I'd be in the + range for KDR last night. It shouldn't be like that.

On 1 or 2 games I was doing decent, it was kind if funny because mid fire fight I'm asking myself why I'm not dying and getting an extra second to spray and pray and I just know the other guy is saying to himself "how can I not be killing this dude?" grin

I've noticed the past few times I played that people are really starting to key in on spawn points and camping them out too.

Oh, and the name in red, as Lmitout said, is most definately your "nemesis" from the previous round, and not the host.

Yes, nemesis.

You know, you Xbox'rs, you have too many issues with cooling, hacks, etc. It's the main reason I wouldn't run an Xbox. PS3's are just too difficult to hack, so I don't have to worry about anyone (for the most part) screwing up the game.

About 3 weeks ago, my son and I were playing S&D and were put into a match against a team, all having the same clan tag.

This team all had full green bars and my team had zero signal, or just 1 red bar, but the game didn't SEEM to lag, they were just AlL over us.

No matter where you went, you were dead QUICK.

I'm sure they had a hack of some sort, but we just backed out and haven't seen anything since.

Aimbot can be easily installed on ps3, just like xbox. I wouldn't say ps3 is less susceptible to hacks. In fact I think it might be a bit more common if anything. I am almost positive the Xbox has more people watching behind the scenes for glitches, hackers ect than the ps3 does. I just don't see how it be fun. Sure it be fun to always win, but knowing where everyone is, and being able to see them clear across the map would get old for me. Even people that use lag switches, whats the point? Does it make you feel more of a man to win all the time?? Heck If I had an aimbot installed and actually lost a map I think id probably quit playing.

Believe it or not I think I would like to get my hiny handed to me from time to time. In fact it happened to me a couple times last night when I was giving shack a lesson in domination. I think shack has domination 101 completed after last night. Now if only the teammates would have listened to me, we would have been victorious all night.

A little Domination 101. I know you ps3 guys got it handled as we use to run the world of PS3 Domination. But you Xbox guys that might not know. I know a few of you played with me already on domination maps and we owned following my directions.

#1. At the start of the match ALWAYS go for the B Flag.

Typically I ask one person stay back and get the A or C flag depending on the side we spawn on. Even so if the whole team goes to B, captures it and turns the corner and one guy dies. He is going to spawn back close to the flag we have not captured yet.

#2. Always hold B and A or C.

If you have B and A captured and you start to lose flag A. No one is close to it and probably wont make it there in time to stop the capture. Grab C. They will capture the A flag but you will still have control and power through out the whole game.

#3. Kills really do not matter but they sure help.

Last night I was playing with Shack and him and I were doing our job at keeping two flags, we ended up winning by a decent amount. At the end of our match we both had a horrible KDR. But we still won the match.

#4. If you hold two flags, their flag becomes their spawn point.

This is the key to winning, as long as you hold two they will always spawn near their flag. This can be beneficial if someone is running through their spawn. They can kill 3 guys in the spawn, reload and turn around and there could be those same three guys running towards where you just killed them.

#5. Make em leave!

After you gained a good lead and they realize they cant get more than 20 steps before they get picked off they start dropping like flies. Next thing you know there is one person playing vs 6. Capture all spawn points! Eventually new people will come in and let them take back a flag. Eventually you win and the smack talk from the other team starts coming in. Repeat process all over again.

Morale of domination. Always GO FOR B FIRST. Always keep B and A or C. If you do this you will win regardless.

Who wants to play some domination tonight?

Yeah, I'm always up for some domination. It has been my favorite game type since COD3.

I always like to carry smoke too, plus if you really want the upper hand, use second chance, it gives you just a bit more time capturing the flag while getting shot.

The key to capturing any flag is having mulitple teammates in the zone at the same time, the more there, the faster it goes. Some people don't realize that and they see a teammate capturing the flag so the just keep on running by. mad

Nova gas. I have noticed that I can lay in a spawn point in my own gas and it wont kill me. But I kill a lot of guys with just my gas. In real life too smile

I usually just go for B throw a canister of Nova Gas and than a Nade in the same spot. The gas slows their movement and the nade finishes them off.

I am starting to play capture the flag a bit now. I am trying to unlock marathon pro.

man, miss a few days on the forums and you'll never catch up on reading the threads!

I'd be up for domination tonight, but wont be on till after glee. I'm still working on convincing the wife that a 65" screen is for gaming and glee looks just fine on a 32"!

PI, if you plan on staying with us on the dark side (360), get the thumbstick extenders. Best $10 I ever spent. Takes a while to get used to them, but once you do it feels natural and precision is incredible.