• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I figured id give a little comparison 360 vs PS3. Here it goes.

First off just upon boot up the 360 blows the ps3 away. I have to watch about 3/4 of the intro on ps3 before I can hit a button to get to the main menu. 360 is almost instantaneously, also it seems to run the intro smoother with not lags or jumps. My ps3 has some trouble with it at times.

Both systems seem to have their lag when it comes to the connecting to live or PSN.

The campaign:

Well there isn't much to compare except I do like that you can press and hold a button to skip through part of the long story board stories. PS3 I didn't notice that option.

Controls:

The controls are really similar. The only thing I think is different in the layout is the button in the front of the controller. Correct me if I am wrong ps3 guys but I believe to shoot you use the R1 button and to throw a frag you use R2? In 360 it is reversed. RT would shoot and RB would throw a frag. I caught myself throwing a frag instead of shooting once or twice.

I did notice after a while my left hand started to cramp from holding the 360 controller. Could be one of two things. I am so use to the ps3 controller and I am not use to the bigger version of it. Or It could be the controllers are a bit off when it comes to comfort. The D pad on the 360 controller is where the left analog stick would be on a ps3. And in my opinion the comfort of the ps3 controller is better. Either way it didn't bother me too much and I was able to do well.

Dashboard or Playstation home screen:

One thing that I say for a fact is a bonus for the 360 is the voice messaging. The ability to send a 15 second voice message is a god sent instead of trying to type out a short but time consuming message.

As for layouts, I like ps3 layout a bit better. It is easier to see what friends are doing and what game they are playing. 360 seems a bit much but I am also giving it a chance as once I get use to it, I will most likely like it. Maybe even better!

Sound:

My 360 has no optical out. Dtro said to look at the component cables there is a spot on them for an optical out port. I checked, it isn't there and its a bummer. I am using HDMI and personally do not want to see the game with component cables. Perhaps there is a Optical out usb connector???

I love playing on ps3 with true surround sound. It gives you the edge and advantage to know where the enemy is by just the sound and direction the sound is coming from.

Graphics:

One might be better than the other if you compared them side by side on identical TV and TV settings. Would you really notice??? Probably not. I don't thing I would and I am pretty tech savvy.

Multiplayer Online:

Finding Games:

Hands down I give it to 360 for one reason and one reason only. At first it took milliseconds for me to get into a game my first few times playing alone. Once I got into a party of three it was practically the same. However, when we had a party of 6 or more. Not so fast and wed drop people here and there. I still gotta give it to the 360 though.

Campers:

The guys I have been playing with say it was just this weekend and its usually not bad. But my gosh there were a lot of campers. I will complain bout them on either system though. I would like to see a no camping mode of game play. If you sit in one spot for more than 3 seconds you get killed. That would be my kind of gameplay.

Competition:

At first I would say I would give it to the ps3 guys for difficulty against other players, but I would have to say its really equal. In my first three games I played, I ranked up to level 8 by the end of the third game. It was like stealing candy from a baby. I was using the default mp5 class and giving them some ownage. Later on I did have some rounds were I sucked it up big time, those were also the rounds were people camped and I would just run into the death trap so my fault. I do not care about my KDR and just want to have fun playing.

Luckily I was able to jump into 360 world with a breeze and do fairly well. I have about 6-7 hours of game play now and I believe im at a level 30 already. Still using the mp5 for the most part waiting to unlock the good SMG's...

Infact, I had my best round on black ops TDM ever the other night. Hopefully I can get a few more. If I figure out how to upload the video I will.

But for now all I have is a picture of a ps3 guy owning 360 noobs. I will have to confirm but I think I was still in single digits for level rank.

150316_668818971252_199101806_37018654_1

Controls - PS3

Usability - PS3

Power - 360

Message Systems - 360

Migrating - 360/ps3 - After a long thought they both have their issues...

Sound - PS3

Cost - PS3

Hardware - PS3 (with built in WiFi, Blue Tooth and a blue ray player you cant beat it. However at least the new 360 has built in WiFi.

Smack Talk - PS3 (PS3 just has better smack talkers)

In all honesty Id say they are evenly matched in my opinion. It all depends what you like. For what one lacks the other makes up. I don't like paying to play but I am glad I did as I had a lot of fun with the 360 guys. Heck I even logged onto PS3 for a while last night. I look forward to playing with everyone on both systems over the next year....

Nice to see some fresh meat this weekend on the 360!

PI jumped right in and tore it up. He went 43-3 on one of his first games. Not sure what happened after that though. LOL smile

Goes to show ya that you don’t need to have everything unlocked to do well.

I tell ya what, I really think that every so often you run into a group that is using some sort of Aimbot, or modded consoles. There is just absolutely nothing you can do to compete. We ran into a team like that the other night, and just for the heck of it I tried to find a few places that you never see people go to and sure enough within a couple of seconds BLAM the whole team knew exactly where I was and watching the killcam, they are shooting from across the map. Something fishy for sure.

There was a video up on YouTube for a short period of time (now removed by Activision for copyright issue) basically showing you how to download and install an aimbot app. It had an enemy locator and an angular grid type reticule that was red lines and would turn green when you were in the sweet spot. The enemy locator alone would be a huge advantage……think SR-71 Blackbird type red triangle, but on the main map not the mini map.

oh, and here is the optical out:

avsoptical.jpg

This dongle should have came with every 360. I'm pretty sure you can plug it in and use it just for the audio and use your HDMI for video....or heck just use the component cables for video too.

The other day I was reading some stuff about the PS3/360 comparisons on this game and can understand why it would look and play a little better on the 360 since it was built for the XBox and ported to the PS3.

Most multiplatform games are made for the 360 because of install base and ease of development. It's just easier to develop for the 360 with general knowledge apparently. When you think about its it really is no different than a PC.

Everything is mainly geared towards a PC, than tweaked for Mac, Linux users.

xbox version takes up just 7.4 gbs on disk, the ps3 version is 19.6 gbs on its blu ray disc. Why I do not know.

But I have a feeling it has to do with porting and redeveloping the game to work on ps3.

Basically ps3 has the potential to blow the box out of the water if it wanted to in my opinion. That being said a blu-ray disc would be needed to be used in the Xbox. Trying to turn a game from 20Gb down to 8GB you would see a substantial loss in quality.

I do not think sony gives a hoot and likes just being the competitor. Make a game for Xbox and the game developers can make it work for ps3. Sony doesn't care about ps3 that much do they? They have so many other products they make money on. Plus anyone who is looking for a console that is more tech savvy will buy a ps3.

Why can't you get surround sound using the HDMI cables?

If there is one thing that Bops did extremely well it's the audio. The room really rattles and shakes if I turn it up and the surround sound is great.