• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dietz why do you not like playing sticks and stones with me??? frown

Do I tomahawk you too much? I do like the tomahawk way more than the throwing knife!

And yes, I think the locale helped a lot, there was some lag but not much and I noticed my game play was way better. I came out on top 98% of the time which is how I would usually fair in the MW2 days.

For those of you who want to try it out.

When you are about to find a game and have your party all set up. PSN users press Select, I am assuming it is the same for Live users as well.

Make sure your party options are open and your search is set to Locale. You can even try Locale Only. Basically it searches for matches closer to you so you are not playing with someone clear across the country which could easily cause lag if they are the host.

I seem to be in the minority, I love Nuketown. I was playing "One in the chamber" in Nuketown last night (had just started a $1000 match when pi invited me) didn't do all that well until I tried the gun game. That is a blast...especially on Nuketown. grin

Another awesome game idea (that I stole from Wandering eyes) is to play Combat training against 9 CPU players. (You vs. 9, or you and a buddy vs. 9) Set them all to the worst skill level. Set time limit to 30 minutes and score limit to 30,000. Set your kill streaks to chopper gunner, Gunships and another - but try to keep your third killstreak something ground based or the sky gets to cluttered and you can't mow people down with huge guns.

Once you get the kill streaks going it is a blast on that gun ship. The reason Nuketown is so great is you can just blast the spawn points from the sky and everywhere in between.

I know it seems pointless but it's actually quite a bit of fun. I've played this mode 5 times now, the goal being to have 300 kills (30,000 points) with the fewest amount of deaths possible.

I will admit at first I didn't realize it was simulated match. however, i was talking some smack to the fellow players until I noticed some Zamboni was actually running around the map shooting at me. He is known to wait it out smile After that I realized it was all simulated!

You can set their skill levels????

When I first went into combat training I came out 30 something and 4 deaths. I would hate to see their worst skill level. frown

9 vs. 1 on a small map is tougher than you think. It is easier to continuously getting the 11 kill streak when they are all stumbling around like idiots.

I'll probably try tonight on a tougher level (it is almost too easy when they are on the worst skill level). I can't seem to get an 11 killstreak the legit way so I had to dumb down the CPU and do it the easy way. grin

It's kind of like a combination of zombies crossed with standard multiplayer mode. The enemy just keeps coming in waves.

They sure made the AK47 clumsy and weighted down. I really do not care for it, but you get your Reflex set up with a yellow cross hairs, yellow lenz, turn up the sensitivity level 2 notches higher, you can throw down. It will follow and peg off a running target pretty well. The recoil is horrible and I kept forgetting to throw the silencer on to see it helped. I think it will get tossed for others, but it helped me pull up to levels last night in record time after I unlocked it.

Anyone Prestige yet? Do you really get a free trip to Las Vegas?

I made crazy points with both Dtro & Nelson running the ship and then LFC and Dtro to pull the evening in. Just wish they will let you merge more than 3 people in a party, but I have to feel (it seems to be searching) there are just too many people playing & playing parties. You have to figure every time you hit the find match link, during that merge there has to be what? 20,000-50,000 other parties doing the same. You just have to be lucky enough to sink in and thre can make this happen, when with four you almost need to find a lobby with almost no oher parties. Just a guess.

I will have to check the stats if I can or review the ending match videos, but I pushed 40-50 spy planes, 7 care packages denied, a hand full of Hewie's and about the same with other other choppers. I love seeing my name up in lights grin and made it a goal to bring down anything seconds after it came in.

Yes the AK74U is a my fav... Kind of a toss up before I started using the Famas and after finding out it is fully and not 3 round bust. Also don't let the specs fool ya like they do me. Dtro turned me on to the MPL and it ranked enough to custom como, clan tag & symbolize. Started to take in some sniping, but mainly for the easy low end bonuses. I love to get those points, plus it gives every weapon a try now, before I find myself using it all the times later.

Nothing special about Vegas, just a place with lots of lights, lots of people, and too many places that want to take your money. Nothing like sitting outside and just a few blocks away, you can hear gunshots, multiple times a night.

Ive kind of settled on the Enfield w/ extended mags and silencer or AK47 w/silencer. I havnt found a submachine gun I really like yet but I havnt even tried them all yet. I like the shotgun that goes by the name 'stalker' or whatever it is. I am not enjoying sniping on this game much I dont think it has any good sniping maps. I really loved wasteland on MW2 especially if I got into a grudge match with another sniper we spent most the game stalking each other.

I am going to have to agree with Shack and say I was very disappointed with the AK-47. It has been a beast in previous games, but gets a "blah" rating from me in this game.

By far I've had the best luck running around with that MPL.

Been using a lot of Claymores too. smile

That's funny.....I picked up the AK-47 last night and have racked my best scores so far. Red dot w/silencer and it's time to go huntin'.

That was my favorite gun in MW2 and it was nice to not have to wait until level 70 to get my hands on it in BOps. The AK seems to pack a bigger punch than the other guns which also cuts down on the amount of shells used and time reloading.

I found myself using the AK-47 last night for those rounds when you need a gun with some grit and the best of the best in the submachine gun is being out flanked. grin The SMG's will do great with close-mid range and a tight sweep, but when it comes to the backside of the mid range and just into long range, you hit marker but loose. The AK-47 takes care of that but with issues. You flip flop between SMG & the AK, you notice (lol it does make a difference) how the AK-47's takes milliseconds longer to raise. With running, even with L/W & Marathon on, going from SMG to the AK, you feel as if your dragging anchor. It did a good job and added the points up but I do not think I will waste my money unless I need to on it in future levels.

Now, IMO the Commando is the gnats arse. wink Power & range of the AK-47, but the gaming feel of an SMG. I will have to say this gun is my favorite so far. I will miss it when I prestige.

Pack me up with the Commando, ex/mags, L/W & Marathon and I am happy.

The other one that rakes the points in is the tomahawk hatchet. 500 points a kill and many huge bonuses. I have never been a throwing knife guy past 10 kills. I switched to at least get the bonuses, picked up on the offset and really like it. I tried it at first and did not like it. Now I am contemplating some self on self split screen to gauge the across the map throw accuracy.

The other one that rakes the points in is the tomahawk hatchet. 500 points a kill and many huge bonuses. I have never been a throwing knife guy past 10 kills. I switched to at least get the bonuses, picked up on the offset and really like it. I tried it at first and did not like it. Now I am contemplating some self on self split screen to gauge the across the map throw accuracy.

Nothing beats an across the map throw! I had a few of those with the knife in mw2. I have also seen some beastly hatchet throws. If you are gonna gauge on distance try it out on some spots you know the people run to right when the game starts! Nothing ticks someone off more than getting killed by an across the map hatchet throw!