• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

Hey you were top dog that one round! So maybe the stealing of the carepackage helped you but you stole a couple! That's a couple more than I did! You will be fine! you just need to get past the motion sickness part! As long as we don't hear you hacking up your lunch well be good smile

I was quick to throw my bluetooth as far away as I could.. LOL.. I knew that would come back to bite me at a later date.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really who am I and who cares, but IMO it is not worth the hype that was billed prior. wink Also just feelin' disgusted with myself and the flashback into the reasons why I will, once again, never pre-order a game based on being/trying to out wow, it turning out to be basically the same as the last one. Black Ops IMO is a $60-$70 vaccination for what a $10.00 map pack would have cured and given me just as much "change of pace" this fall.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I *almost* splurged for the Prestige edition again this time around, but I'm glad I talked myself out of it. pureinsanity wrote that this has outsold MW2 by 10% on launch already - I feel this is purely based on the success of the MW2 launch and the added hype that BOps is going to be that much better. Bravo for their sales approach, let's hope they can retain their active audience so the mess of multiplayer features don't fizzle off and die. If they can keep the engagement of last nights audience, I truly think this will keep me occupied through most of the winter.

Then again, as you said a map pack for $10 might have been better suited. I could have gotten just as much enjoyment if I threw the other $54 I saved after tax towards a new ice fishing reel or a box of shells for late goose season!

I agree also Nelson. grin

Dtro I am not fired at all. Maybe a little disappointed, until I see how they they really hyped this game up, I fell for it and then I get to thinking, but never fired up. grin I guess I expected more from the last Call of Duty, you guys know it better. By-far huge change since I did play the first COD on the PC version, which I still own. Might have fallowed back then if I had more than just dial up. grin

I became used to the defiant & clear sound effect that let you know that you made a hit marker, flash bang or grenade toss worth the effort, but things like this are their but almost undetectable. The RPK-74 is horrible. They used the same sound you heard in MW2 as an indication of a hit marker in the sound effect of the gun being fired. You can not tell is you penetrated the enemy anymore until you see the XP points pop up.

The grunts and noises you make when doing this or climbing I still am wondering if the enemy can hear you. Sneak attach would be gone when trying to flank the sniper up on the perch if you grunt your way up while climbing.

I hear there are 50 prestige levels to get to the point where you do not level up no longer?

About the hit marker sound effects. I dont know if you're aware of it but their is a visual hit marker cue. Your cross hairs will have an X shape appear around them when you hit someone with a bullet, flash or explosive. No need to listen so closely. If you dont know what I mean watch for it, it will help immensely if this is news to you.

the enemy cant hear your grunting or sounds. Say a teammate plants a claymore by you, you hear them yell "planting claymore" a nearby enemy wont hear that stuff. An enemy will still hear the sound of the claymore being planted though. Say your hear a claymore being planted but a friendly doesnt call it out or you dont see a green arrow nearby on your mini map, good chance its an enemy setting up a trap, be wary.

Their are 50 levels to rank through. I think their are only 15 prestige levels.

The more I play the more I love B.O. I believe this one takes a little more skill to do well. Lots of little things are making it more enjoyable right now, its not all about the killstreaks, the noobtubers are gone (for now), commando is gone...

I think as long as you compare it to WaW (Treyarch) vs MW2 (Activision) it's definately an upgrade.

Pure - don't worry about the language, we turn the chat off if the kid is using the headphones, or he just plays without sound.

Hopefully the "data is newer" error is fixed now that everyone powered down and will start back up again.

If you're thinking it's going to be cinematic graphics, they're, IMO, a slight step back from MW2.

After I played until 2ish this morning (trying to get to level 19 so I can go Hardcore) I started to like it. Although by that time I was dead tired and the K/D ratio sucked.

I was playing quite a bit of S&D and there were guys at level 30-40 already.

The nice thing about S&D is you can rack up 5000 XP / match, somewhat easily.

About the hit marker sound effects. I dont know if you're aware of it but their is a visual hit marker cue. Your cross hairs will have an X shape appear around them when you hit someone with a bullet, flash or explosive. No need to listen so closely. If you dont know what I mean watch for it, it will help immensely if this is news to you.

the enemy cant hear your grunting or sounds. Say a teammate plants a claymore by you, you hear them yell "planting claymore" a nearby enemy wont hear that stuff. An enemy will still hear the sound of the claymore being planted though. Say your hear a claymore being planted but a friendly doesnt call it out or you dont see a green arrow nearby on your mini map, good chance its an enemy setting up a trap, be wary.

Their are 50 levels to rank through. I think their are only 15 prestige levels.

The more I play the more I love B.O. I believe this one takes a little more skill to do well. Lots of little things are making it more enjoyable right now, its not all about the killstreaks, the noobtubers are gone (for now), commando is gone...

Actually I heard an enemy say planting claymore last night. Unless it was a coincident.

Hmmmm, I dont know... Ill pay closer attention but I dont ever recall hearing an enemy shout stuff out. Ill try to pay more attention to this game.

I think it's random whether or not you hear the enemy voices - just last night I heard the 'planting claymore', and found the enemy with his back to me around the corner squatting down. He ran past the claymore, I shot it and blew them both up smile.

The best way to determine is to pay attention to the opposing team race, you'll be able to pick out their dialect in game and know if it's friendly or foe. I am fairly certain I've heard the opposing team grunt through a window too, but need to play some more to be able to back that up!

Side note, anyone else notice if their post count is frozen? Mine's been at 399 for a while...

I think the mods have post counts locked on certain entertainment threads... I noticed this a while back on the "first thing that pops in your head" thread.

I have a pair of Logitech F540 (I think that's the model) headphones I wear while playing.

You can definately hear enemy making noise, grunting, changing magazines, etc., if you listen close enough.

I personally turn the music all the way off, and turn down some of the "cinematics" I believe they are being called in BOps.

It hasn't helped my K/D ratio, but you can definately hear them.

Yep, and I would've played longer, but the host migration thing really P'd me off mad

You shouldn't have to screw around for 30 minutes to get all your team together in the same match. They REALLY need to fix this.

Yep, and I would've played longer, but the host migration thing really P'd me off mad

You shouldn't have to screw around for 30 minutes to get all your team together in the same match. They REALLY need to fix this.

Sounds like PS3, 360 and pc are all having this problem.

I think we can expect an update by this weekend.

The host migration has been pretty good actually for ps3. We have had a few times where its been an PITA. But for the most part we've been able to get 5-6 guys in the same lobby 98% of the time. occasionally we loose one person.

I found a cool thing on the game last night.

Load the game and you can look around at the main menu(right analog stick). You'll noticed you are strapped into a chair(if you look down). if you look at your hands and pull your right and left triggers rapidly your hands will break free of the straps and you can walk around. Go use a computer(on the back wall), it brings you to an arcade mode. You can play a mini arcade version of zombies that is from an aerial view. Kinda fun!

2 things.

1. I enjoy Hardcore Search and Destroy WAY better on BOps than MW2 or WaW.

B. I need some help playing 2 players on the same console online, meaning on multiplayer.

I created another PSN account for my kid, but when he hits the X button to join, it still just loads "LwnmwrMan22"(x) the x being whatever number the controller is, usually 2 or 4.

Is there a way to get his name to pop up there so he can have his own stats? Or will he always have to be my Protege?