• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Weekend

We fished the North end of Spirit Friday night we caught 29 walleye between 4 of us, Marble beach and north of there. One in the slot three right around 14, and the rest were 12-13 inches. We fished from midnight until about 6:00. I had other commitments so I couldn't make it Sat afternoon and night, but my buddies did. In the afternoon they trolled from marble up to the North shore swimming beach and caught 9 eyes pulling leeches behind bottom bouncers. Anchored after dark and continued to hammer them finishing with 25 eyes total for the night between 3 in the slot(one was 21+) 7 around 14 inches and the rest 12-13 inchers. They called it a night about 2 am. So far our best opening weekend total yet.

Well I did not make it for the weekend but I did fish Tuesday and Wednesday on Spirit.

The wind was tough to deal with but we managed 11 walleyes on Tuesday 8 of which went into the live well. Imagine my surprise when I hooked into a mid 30s 'ski while drifting a crawler in 9FOW. The fish was quickly released and swam away strong.

Wednesday was WINDY...We were not sure we would even make it off the lift. We took advantage of a lull in the wind around 2pm and fished from Marbles down to Templar picking up 5 more fish including 3 keepers.

The great majority of our fish came from 10-12FOW on leaches behind spinners @ around .8-1 MPH.

We had a great time hopefully I can make it back down in the next few weeks.