• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MMA

The Grebe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called the triangle... we were at the local watering hole watching it and wow was I amazed. Four rounds of getting beat down, even the stand up was almost one sided. Silva remained calm though, and eventually locked it in, they can say it wasn't a tap but it was. He would have went out anyways.

Chael Sonnen absolutely pounded Anderson Silva for over 4 rounds and then made one mistake and it was all over.

I don't think he really pounded Silva, but he did have him on the ground for most the fight and would/should have won if it went to decision. He just didn't do any damage, like there was nothing behind his punches. Or Silva is immune to damage. Silva messed him up with elbows from the bottom something fierce. When Sonnen came walking out my wife says, "Oh he's that guy that bleeds as soon as you touch his face". She got that part right. Even though he dominated the fight, if I took a look at them the next morning I would have said Silva won by a mile.

I wanted Sonnen to win because I am tired of Silva's antics wasting my PPV dollars. Even if he didn't win, I am glad that he made Silva fight. I would rather just watching dancing with the stars for free than watch dancing for $50.

Hughes putting that guy to sleep was classic. When his butt and legs just gave out and toppled over, I just about sent Grain Belt out my nose.

Also, say what you want about Big Country, but I have never seen anyone take a beating like that and just keep walking back into more of it.

I didn't get there til the Guida fight, so I missed a couple good ones. Sonnen was throwing punches and staying active from the top but he wasn't that effective. I like how Silva comes running out and immediately starts throwing punches, and gets rocked and almost dropped... it was almost like watching Floyd Mayweather getting beat up, kind of surreal!! I'm guessing their won't be a rematch?!?!?!

yeah i guess "pounded" might have been the wrong word! Some of those punches were more like taps or slaps, but it was nice to see him take Silva down, keep him there and land something. Too bad it couldnt have been more effective. He had 4 plus rounds to get a nice elbow in and split him open or pound him out, but he just couldnt do it. At least he didnt run away the whole 5th round, knowing that he won the previous 4 rounds.

Judging by everyone's reaction to the fight, im guessing there will be a re-match. It would be quite the money-maker anyway. But who knows.

"I wanted Sonnen to win because I am tired of Silva's antics wasting my PPV dollars. Even if he didn't win, I am glad that he made Silva fight. I would rather just watching dancing with the stars for free than watch dancing for $50."

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!

If I'm dana white, I don't even pay toney! I seriously doubt he took this fight remotely serious, and probably didn't bother doing much mma training at all. Couture vs. Rich Franklin would probably be the best matchup, although franklin is probably going to be out for awhile.

Judging by the thing coming out of Chael Sonnen's mouth lately he might be on a ton of different drugs? He's gone crazy calling out GSP, Shogun, and Brock Lesner. Oh, and Wanderlei Silva. Now this. He'll get a 6month to year suspension. Hopefully he will own up to using and admit it was a mistake. But i doubt it.