• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tuffy??

Esox_Magnum

I have a 1988 Tuffy Walleye Rampage. It is a 15'6" fiberglass deep v tiller with a 40hp on it. It is my first boat but I have been very happy with it so far. It seems to ride pretty well in the chop being as heavy as it is. My boat is only rated to 45hp so I'm assuming the one you have in mind is slightly larger and more stable. I fish for a little bit of everything, mostly walleye, but I have pulled in a few muskies with the Tuffy. I have even had it out on Lake Superior chasing trout and salmon on calm days. Overall I have been very happy with it and have no regrets about buying it.

What is the name of the model you are looking at?

i have a 2002 tuffy osprey 17' consol with a 90hp 4stroke, not the fastest boat but it handles chop and rides real nice in the rough stuff.

I think I saw your rig at Holiday in Chaska yesterday afternoon. It looked sharp. I seriously considered Tuffy before settling on my Yar Craft tiller. A good friend runs a Tuffy and has nothing but good things to say about it.

Tuffy makes a great boat. My buddy had a late 80's with a 60 on it. It was an awesome rig. We caught a lot of fish out of it until we hit a rock on Traverse and totaled it. If you buy it you won't regret it.