• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody planting veggies yet?

hoggs222

I'll hold off planting the Toms and peppers probably till May. I did start the seeds last weakend.

Now that I think about it being I have way more Toms than I need that I started from seed I just may plug a few of the early variety in the ground this weakend. If they dont survive no loss.

radishes, carrots, peas and onions in. Going to wait till third week in May just to be safe on the tomatoes and peppers. Have had the tomatoes and the peppers under the lights since the third week of March and they are not going to see frost.

Planted sweet corn, peas, radish, red beets before I started seeding wheat and all of them are up. It was dry in the garden so I had to use a soaker hose on the rows. Didn’t want to water between the rows to water all the weeds. We had a little rain overnight so that will help. Have to plant more when it dries up so the crops are spaced for harvesting.

I put 12 tomatoe in last week using Wall's O' Water. They are all looking excellent. I will hold off on the rest of them and the peppers and such till mid May. I've had radish and onion in almost a month with no problems. This year is a little different then most.

I have had onions and peas in for a couple weeks already.Planted carrots,red beats,radishes,romaine lettuce and potatoes this week.

Tomatoes and peppers won't go in till the last week of May.Corn next week.

Radishes have been in a couple weeks. Onions and spuds went a week ago. Peas, carrots, beets, lettuce mix & more spuds were planted last Thursday. Bunny fence needs to go up in this area soon before they start chewing things off. Was chastised for planting more potatoes only to find out yesterday a friend of ours had a stroke and won't be able to garden this summer. The Lord works in mysterious ways sometimes. Plan on planting our Indian corn and early sweet corn next week then stagger the sweet corn planting for a steady supply. In a week or two will plant the string beans then plant an early variety end of June - early July. Want to start the flats of vine crops in the greenhouse this weekend for planting the last week in May. Ditto on the tomatoes and peppers. Hoping for a good crop so we have plenty to share.

We had a frost here I believe last Thursday. Explorer had quite a bit on it parked outside. Brooklyn Park here. Going to keep my tomatoes in till end of may. Problem is they are starting to get root bound. Already transplanted them to 8 oz cups. Probably will do the 16 oz keg cups in a week or two.

Might try Marigolds for the rabbits. I am using cat hair now and hope that works till I can get the marigolds out. Peas and carrots are almost prime for bunny picking. Maybe should stop feeding the dog so she gets more aggressive with bugs.