• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to get rid of Moles

birdswacker

Smoke bombs from any decent hardware store. They will pop right out. Some will then shoot them with a the .22 or air rifle. I suppose if your really irritated the .45 pistol, 12 gauge or 30-06 will also do the job.

Rent the movie, "Caddy Shack." Then use the same method that Bill Murray does. Just kidding. On level lawns, its easy to flood them out using a garden hose. There are poisons as were mentioned earlier, as long as you are careful around kids and pets. Another method is to run a hose off a lawn mower exhaust and put the end in the tunnel. I have a couple of Bassetts and one has such a good nose, I have watched her trot across the lawn, stop and dig like crazy. Then she grabs the mole and throws it into the air. I never thought it would be possible to smell something underground, but she does it.

Google The Mole Trap.

A friend turned me on to these a few years ago when I mentioned the damage they were doing to my lawn.

It is amazing how much damage 1 mole can do.

These traps really work. I have caught over 25 moles the past couple of years. If there is a fresh run it is almost guaranteed to get trapped.

They are a little pricey but I just consider it another form of hunting.

I get great joy when I see one of the traps snapped up.