• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA underclassmen leaving early.

cbrooks

I think Duluth looks good. See what Wisconsin loses next year for under classman. I know Blake, Mike Davies and John Mitchell are SR.

Denver lost alot but they always seem to reload the next year, can't ever count them out completely. SCSU hasn't lost any underclassman so it looks like there only loses will be there SR. I hope your right about UND;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, wide open. I bet there will be about 3 to 4 pretty darn good teams next year. UND is no where near being head and shoulders above anyone in the top of the WCHA. They werent even that good this year, no need to argue back points have already been made.

Cloud and UMD both look like they bring back the most talent. SHould be a fun year. Lets see who else signs pro deals.

Yeah, probably too early to tell. This year had the most parity that I can remember. 1-5 positions were within 2 points with a month to go. I gotta think the Gophers improve, Bemidji comes in with some talent, and Dean Blais re-enters the WCHA and could really do anything. Of course there will still be some teams near the bottom that will probably not compete for the title, but that's only a few out of the 12 teams.

Too bad for Wisconsin, I was really pulling for them. Good season for them though, congrats to their team.

According to the GF Herald Brendan Smith defenseman of Wisconsin will sign a contract with the Detriot Red Wings at the end of the Stanely cup playoffs.

In the Grand forks Herald HSOforum this morning it said that sophmore David Toews UND forward(jonathan toews brother) will be leaving for the canadians major juniors. It stated the reason was to get more playing time.

This is pretty much becoming the norm, if a player isn't happy or isn't getting the playing time they want they hit the trail. A lot of the time these players leave on good terms with the coaches/program but it still doesn't look good.

Its seems like the coaches are recruiting more players just in case things like this happen and in case they get slammed with injuries, which means we will see more unhappy campers in the future.

Hmmmmm I see Towes was drafted by the Islanders, don't be surprised if Garth Snow starts bashing your program.

Haha. The NHL likes how players develop at UND and so did the late Herb Brooks remember how we ended up with Zach Praises. Thank you Herb.

Thats a very good point. They had awesome teams in 07. They had Oshie, Duncan and Taylor chorney along with Toews. On the Praises team they had Brendan Bochenski(sp). Both good teams that never won.

They never have a problem with recruiting. Its the post season that kills them every year.

Originally Posted By: Bear55
Hmmmmm I see Towes was drafted by the Islanders, don't be surprised if Garth Snow starts bashing your program.

Haha. The NHL likes how players develop at UND and so did the late Herb Brooks remember how we ended up with Zach Praises. Thank you Herb.

I'm not too worried about NHL development, last I heard both the Gopher and UND each had 14 players in the NHL, just imagine how many players the Gophers will have when they catch up to UND. Those number may not be 100% accurate but they should be close.

You guys got Parise we hung an National Championship banner, fair enough trade don't you think? I do however wonder how good to Gophs would have been with Parise and Vanek playing together. Might have been enough to get us to a 3-peat.

How in the world did North Dakota NOT win anything with the likes of Parise, Duncan and Toews. It's beyond comprehension to me to be truthful.

Coaching?

Has to be coaching, I've been telling Sioux fans for a while now that Hakstol is the Sioux version of Wooger. He's going to bring you tons of success, many WCHA titles and get you to the frozen four and even the national championship game (2005) but he just can't win the big one. Don't worry Sioux fans, it will only take you 8 or 10 more years to figure it out.

Maybe this can give some gopher fans a little confidence next year. The Wisconsin State Journal ranked the best college hockey recruiting this year.

1.Minnesota

2.UND

3.Boston University

4.Denver

5.Notre Dame

6.Boston College

7.Colorado College

8.Wisconsin

9.UMD

Alot of WCHA teams in there .Hopefully there will be some NCAA championship out of these teams.

I like our chances for next year. How do you Gopher fans like yours;)?

Well you would be crazy not to bet on the Sioux but sometimes you just never know what is going to happen and there are always surprises. We better have the best recruiting class by a mile because they are going to need to contribute big time.

I think the Sioux were an OK team this year and might be a little better next year. But I guess I have already said that. I really dont see what you Sioux guys are so excited about. This was the worst year you had in awhile.

Gophs might be 2 years out, depends whos coaching and if we are still loosing players.

I bet the gophs are pretty even with the Sioux next year.

I bet the gophs are pretty even with the Sioux next year.

Are you thinking the Gophs are going to come back and finish at the top of the league or UND is going to struggle? I know its still premature for next season predication.

Who are your top teams? Wisconsin will be good. UMD should be tough. I don't see Denver making the final five. They lost alot this year but they always seem to reload. So there kind of the mystery team for me next year.

UND is the only team that haven't lost any key players so far. Beside how they got there @sses handed to them in the NCAA they look really good last year. Scott your just a UND hater;)

I am a hater, that I know.

I was thinking Wisc and UMD in the top 2 with Bemidji and Cloud being in the top half of my next group which includes MN and UND.

Bemidji has their hole team back and cloud has most of their guys too, including a couple of decent goalies. Lee might be pretty good this year.

Its always too early to tell.

How about this

1. Duluth (i've never put them on top)dont loose anyone

2. Wisc, not sure why as they loose some players

3. Cloud (They loose Lacsh, but have Roe and mosey?)

4. UND (looses top scorer, but get back Gen, who Im unsure of now)

5. Gophs (bairibal back, going to need freshman)maybe a 7 seed instead)

6. Beavers (maybe 4?)I just cant see them beating all these teams.

7. Denver (who knows, hard to go from 1st to 7th)

8. CC (rebuilding year)

9. UNO

10. Mank

11. AA

12. Mich tech

I keep forgeting about BSU and UNO who I know nothing about besides they have the best college hockey coach. I will take a shot.

1.UND

2.UMD

3.SCSU

4.Wisconsin

5.BSU

6.Denver

7.CC

8.Minnesota

9.UNO

10.Mankato

11.Michigan Tech

12.AA

The only part of my prediction that I'm fairly sure of is UND and UMD fighting for first place and Alaska finishing dead last so atleast Minnesota should be safe there but who knows:)

I keep forgeting about BSU and UNO

They are really going to make things interesting next year, I'm not even going to attempt to guess the standings at the end of the year but I can already see 2 teams at the top and 2 at the bottom that will be separated themselves from the pack, then a giant mess of 8 teams in the middle battling it out for home ice in the playoffs.