• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Tires

Cowhead

I recently just picked up a 06 King Quad 700EFI and well i am looking to get some new Tires for it besides the stock ones and well i was just wondering i was checking out fleet farm and they have a MUD Wolf Tire that is pretty mean looking and they are a 6 ply so has anyone here ever ran them or thought abuot them im not going to go over size just want something with some good tread on em for pullin trees in the Mud and getting around on trails and other stuff i dont want to spend an arm and a leg either but i can get a set of SS108 Alum wheels and Mud Wolf tires for about 800 so let me know what you guys think im new to the world of ATV owning

Sounds like a reasonable price, Im not really familiar with the tire though!! I paid about that price for a set of ITP wheels and mudlite tires! so if they are any good that would be a decent price! If i was you though I would check out HSO-Classifieds for new tires, you may be able to get a good deal on HSO-Classifieds!!

Not sure, but I think you can get some better tires cheaper.

Looks on "C" list and others like DK.

I may have got lucky, but I got a set of brand new Mudlites XTR on aluminum rims for $400, the ones in my avatar on the popo.

If you want agressive tires go with the bighorns or mud lites.

The mud lites tearthe heck out of everything, not so smooth on the trails, the Maxxis Bighorns are overall a great tire and about $100.00 a tire without rims.

I would stay away from Mudlites, they dont impress me at all. I ran Mudbugs for a couple years and realy liked them. Now I am running 27X12 Vampires and love them, they might be a little much for someone that dosnt like the mud as much as I do. I paid $637 for my MudBugs with ITP rims, and traded the bugs strait up for the Vamps on C list.

I would say $800 is a little high, google "mud throwers" thats where I got my bugs.

Sorry about the tires I said I had, went out today and looked again and they are not Mudlites.

They are MAXXIS 'ZILLAS.

These things are huge lugged and clean out very nicely.

Thought they were mudlites, guess not.

These are just a touch more expensive then mudlites at just over a "C" note a piece, not including rims. So Cow when you said $800 for the set, may not be such a bad deal.

Mark

Originally Posted By: Dozer
I would stay away from Mudlites, they dont impress me at all.

And why don't they impress you?? I have them and they seem to cut through mud pretty darn good!! they cut through and clean off as they turn so to me they are a pretty good tire!!

I have a buddy that has a 05 Grizzly (exact same wheeler I have) and my Mudbugs would walk all over his Mudlites. If you like them great, but I don't.

I checked Mud Throwers and there are alot of tire/wheel combos under $600 shipped to your door. So I would say $800 is too much.

I have a buddy that has a 05 Grizzly (exact same wheeler I have) and my Mudbugs would walk all over his Mudlites. If you like them great, but I don't.

LOL.........and just how would your mudbugs walk all over his mudlites?? that was a funny reply you wrote!! A tire is a tire, they all dig, and clean out and all suck in the snow without chains!! I actually think that big horns are the way to go but am not partial to any brand! I liked the look of the mudlites on my ride!

A tire is a tire, they all dig, and clean out and all suck in the snow without chains!!

If you believe that, have I got some tires for you! wink

Seriously though, in 34 years of riding ATVs I've run a LOT of different tires. The difference is that they all dig differently, some clean out better than others and there are some that are fairly good in snow. Another huge difference is durability. I've had tires that were junk in less than 2000 miles and were easily punctured. I currently have a set of 589s with over 8000 miles and have never been punctured. Its a wide range!

I have had Mudlites, I'd rate them middle of the pack. Not the best, not the worst.

True, i was just defending the mud lites! Another big difference is the ride you got with the tires! If you are a trail rider you probably wouldn't want to go with the big lugged tires that have hug gaps in-between treads, will just make for a terribly rough ride! Figure out the kind of riding you will be doing and decide from there!

Very true Mac.

When I bought my Vinson, I had it for 2 days and had a flat from running through some bean stubble. Talk about worthless stock tires. I went with a set of Kenda Bear Claws which are still on the machine with their 3rd owner. Not a great tire by any means, but for the riding I did, they were perfect. The price was also extremely low.

LOL.........and just how would your mudbugs walk all over his mudlites?? that was a funny reply you wrote!! A tire is a tire, they all dig, and clean out and all suck in the snow without chains!! I actually think that big horns are the way to go but am not partial to any brand! I liked the look of the mudlites on my ride!

Im just telling you what I saw, if mudlites work for you then great. Lots of people like them, probably the most common mud tire out on the trail. There just not for me.

Anybody else getting the itch to go riding?!?!

Been itching for a while, we did go on a little ride last weekend for our daughters maiden voyage. It was a blast.

Looking forward to trailering them up and heading either north or east for a weekend of riding and camping....

Well i just got my 06 Suzuki King Quad and I love it and I just got a set of wheels and tires comming in next week they are 12In Vision Buckshot wheels and Kenda Executioner Tires i hope they work well

Mudlites are great for smaller wheelers, and I think weight has something to do with it. My buddy had 589's on his 400 cat and he seemed to struggle with them, but when he switched to mudlites night and day improvement. When he upgraded wheelers though he didn't even bother with the mudlites he put the 589's back on. I run mudlites on my 500 foreman S and I'll go anywhere with them. Just my 2 cents.

I didnt like mudlites, too much flex in the sidewalls so they didnt corner very well. they shook like crazy at high speeds, and I got a flat with them first ride out with a tear in the side wall. they claimed to be a 6ply tire but they didnt hold up as well as some other tires I have had

Have a buddy with a 500 popo and bought some ITP tires but had issue with sidewall rubbing on inside of the tire.Had to use spacers to bring the tire out.I want to buy some bighorns but worried about the same issue seeing how the bighorns have lugs closser to the sidewall.Has anyone run into this issue and what did you do to correct the issue.Thanks for any info you can supply

Have a buddy with a 500 popo and bought some ITP tires but had issue with sidewall rubbing on inside of the tire.Had to use spacers to bring the tire out.I want to buy some bighorns but worried about the same issue seeing how the bighorns have lugs closser to the sidewall.Has anyone run into this issue and what did you do to correct the issue.Thanks for any info you can supply

It sounds like an issue with the Offset on the wheels you can get your wheels with a different offset so thats somthing to lookinto when getting wheels look at your factory offset and then how big your new tires and rims will be and go from there.

I am going to miss out on my exectutioners becuase they were back ordered and well i didnt want to wait 3 months so i just got a Set of Kenda Bear Claws a guy from work said they are great and i still have my Vision Buckshots commin in cant wait to go riding this weekend in TriCounty