• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Found Expensive tackle box with contents"

(Richard in Owatonna)

May-13-02, 07:11 PM (CST)

"Found Expensive tackle box with contents"

I found a tackle box along I 35 near Faribault. Identify box and contents and it’s yours.

Contact [email protected]

(I found this post on another web site. Since we have so many folks from that region that visits this site I thought it best to jump it over to FM.com and see if anyone was or knew the unlucky party.)

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

Just goes to show there are some nice guys out there! Just hope the owner of the tackle can be found.....
Thanks BE for forwarding this. If it were me who lost it, I would be very, very grateful.

[This message has been edited by CD (edited 05-15-2002).]

Its mine!There is some hooks,sinkers,jigs,cranksbaits,plastics in it. grin.gif
Who ever found that tackle box is a saint(or does not fish!)I can tell you my morals would be put to the test if I had found it smile.gif

This has made me decide to put some idenifcation in our tackle boxs. It would be terrible to lose one. I can't even imagine the amount of money we have wrapped up in the tackle and the other stuff in there. I wonder does a persons insurance cover some thing like that? <><Mary><>

And my buddies made fun of me when I paid the $2.50 to get the nice brass nameplate on my box. HA! (Put one of those return adress labels on all my trays too...)

Marijl,
My insurance co. will cover the loss for me but it may be hard to prove what you lost and costs without a previous itemized list.
If your tackle box is like most other fishermen the contents change daily!!
Cliff

Check your insurance policy closely! They often list a tackle box as a single item and limit it's value no matter how much you have in it. Be sure to ask what exactly is covered in detail!

I found this out 2 years back when I had a large number of crankbaits and other stuff stolen from my truck after they broke in. Got screwed by my insurance in a big way! Well live and learn I guess?

TIP- College guys & gals be sure to get renters insurance so if you get hit your covered.

It makes a big difference where the box is stolen from too. If you had it in your boat in your driveway it may only be covered under your homeowners policy or renters policy, even if the boat and contents are covered. Theft polices when you’re away from home have more sneaky details hidden in the fine print. Again be sure to ask the agent what is covered in fine detail.

Lay out your tackle and gear once or twice a season and photograph it for documentation. A video is more helpful and they often require such documentation in order to process the claim.

As was mentioned above, be sure to write your name and address on your gear whenever possible. There are more honest folks out there then we think. If they know who owns it many will go the extra mile to return a misplaced item.

Food for thought?

Whoever this guy is who lost his tackle box, I hope he gets his stuff back, sure would have helped to know his name or phone number eh?

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

Suggestion: Open your tackle box, take a picture of it open. Make a rough inventory and give it to your insurance agent with the picture. Have him/her put it in your file and keep it. Most homeowners polcies cover your tackle box as personal property.

However, if you are a guide, you better check into the amount of coverage you have on your fishing gear. Homeowners polices limit the amount of coverage they will pay for personal property used for business. In some cases this is $1000 or less and that doesn't go very far in replacing a tackle box. It happens more then you would believe!ScottS

This has inspired me to put identification in my box as well take some pictures. I have close to a $1000 tied up in my box, and I'd hate to lose that.

Good Luck,
Rusty

I have a 500 dollar deductable. I dont carry the motherload all in one box. I would need to hire porter's to carry it all to the boat. smile.gifThink I'm going to use the lockable storage in my boat.
Name and address is a good and bad idea.
Who wants some crack addict with your name and address to come and get the rest of your stuff. smile.gif

Guys & ladies

On the subject of id'ing your toys - ie tackle boxes, etc - could extend the idea to
rods, trolling motors, batterys - any where
you want to stop....

I believe you can still get "Operation ID"
numbers from your local Law Enforcement - such as your county sherrif. Put that number on all your goodies. You could use an indelable marker (ie rods and reels), an engraving tool (trolling motors, tackle boxes, etc).

Just a thought...

UG