• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

State High-school Hockey

scsavre

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roseau didnt have a chance. Edina was flying 4 lines a lot of the game. Edina had too many weapons. Good effort out of the Rams though. They did look a little better than I thought. I would have rather seen Moorhead, atleast they would have gotten 2nd place.

So I am still going with my prediction of Hill vs Edina in the final.

That Hill team looked pretty ugly last night. I tell ya though that team has goal scorers on it. I think this might be a direct reflection to their cake schedule and that junk conference they moved Hill to a few years ago. They regularly win games 6-1 etc, Playing against the bad teams has blossomed some goal scorers and a good power play, however they seem to struggle with the basics. They were horrible with passing, breaking out and vision down the rink. They do play a few good teams a year so hopefully they dont get caught with their pants down tonight.

Heck of a single A game going on right now, Hermantown just tied it up 6-6 with about six minutes to go in the third. It was 3-3 after two periods so there has been a little action in the 3rd.

I was just gonna post that Bear...darn good game, back and forth. Great chances both ways. Headed into overtime tied 6-6. Mahtomedi almost beat the buzzer with a goal that called off. The puck was only about 6-8 feet in front of the net when the time ran out. Close call. WHAT A GAME!!!

Wow that would of been a heart breaker for Hermantown. What a close CLOSE game! Hermantown has came back from 2 different 2 goal leads by Mahtomedi.....AND HERMANTOWN WINS!! OMG! I didn't even have enough time to write this down!! WOW!@!

Did anyone hear the interview with former MN govenor/olympian and stp Johnson player Wendell Anderson. When asked about the 20 year slide of inter city hockey his response was..... "back when they were the powerhouses there were more Scandinavians living in the areas". I think the commentators were thinking it, but were too affraid to say it, or comment on it after he said it.

It was a relief to see someone who didnt care and spoke what they believed the truth. I think he was spot on... not to be prejudice or racist or anything but he made a valid point that no one else would. I wish these programs could get back to where they were. Its sad to see once powerhouses combining 4 schools to make one loosing school. Just my .20 cents.

There goes warroad. Better reload next year. Maybe a foreign exchange student from Sweden or something. Oh wait, I am not a fan of Breck though either. Wish Pier wouldnt have mentioned the recruiting.

Go Hermantown, I guess.

Class A has gotten better, I have to admit. The whole JV tournament comment doesnt fly after the quarterfinals.

Should be one class. One bracket North teams, one South. Championship would always then be N vs S and bring back the old intrest.

looking forward to next year's state hockey tournament where one complains about two classes, North and South brackets blahblah. Same stuff each year and will never be the same as the old days where there were one team to win it all. Edina came out firing and ready to play, I was not very impressed with Gardiner (Tonka #27 and future Gopher) but if he can pick up his speed he'll be much better. He's obviously strong and has the skills.

I wasn't too impressed with Gardiner either...thought he played when he wanted to...which, should have him fit in nicely with the Gophers. whistle The whole Minnetonka team was less than impressive to me all weekend long.

I thought HM had the best team at the tournament...too bad they just couldn't capitalize on all those shots early on in the Minnetonka game.

I also thought #6 for Hill (can't remember his name) was the best player on the ice this weekend.

There is some unbelievable talent at the high school level in this state...congrats to Edina and Breck.