• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Washington DC - part 2

Part two! I am disappointed in myself for not taking the time to get a few of these straight. I was getting really cold, and my lenses were getting slow, so I was concentrating more on just being still!

1. Iwo Jima. This is so impressive at night.

4409669805_b115304a40_o.jpg

2. The White House. Full of guards, since the President was in.

4410435950_9c367965c6_o.jpg

3. Cousins, myself, and hubby in front of the White House. (A rare Carolyn sighting!)

4410436032_d46d71a782_o.jpg

4. Orchid show at the Botanical Gardens. It smelled so wonderful in there! You almost believed that spring is here. Then you fly home.

4409669997_b8b9cb722d_o.jpg

5. Again, this deserved to be a little larger. This is the inside of the House Agriculture Committee Conference room. We had the privilege of meeting with the Agriculture Committee Chairman Colin Peterson in this room. The main purpose of our visit was to meet with our Congressional delegation, and our senators on farm issues.

4409670103_8135f6430a_o.jpg

6. We also had the honor of visiting the Embassy of Ireland, where we were served tea, coffee, scones, and other refreshments. This was our last activity before our flight home.

4409670199_36c7ed9ae9_o.jpg

Thanks Dbl and CFRay.

We were there Sunday through Thursday of this week. The last snow storm went to the north. The only snow they have left are the really dirty piles where the plows moved it to - like the ends of parking lots, on the edges of parks, and on some corners.

Overall the weather wasn't too bad. Our sightseeing day was Monday, the nicest weather they have had so far this year.

that first one is out of control. Everytime you see it in photo or person, it hurts!

I've seen it on all four trips out there in the past 10 years, and I get goosebumps every time. It is impressive during the day, but the lighting at night is very powerful.