• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Life After People

JBMasterAngler

Does anyone watch that show on the history channel? I think it's pretty good, although I think they go a little extreme on some of their predictions. They sure make it seem as though the world will become a toxic wasteland over time should we suddenly disappear eek

Which gets me to thinking...how would the earth recover after all the oil from pipelines, tankers etc spilled all over everywhere? Or when the nuclear power plants explode and burn/melt everything within miles? Or where toxic waste and other chemicals spill over? With nodody to clean it, what would happen?

Bacteria will evolve to clean it up. Looking for a way to degrade some pesticide? Find a bacterium that lives in heavily contaminated soil. There are bacteria in the soil at Chernobyl that have evolved the ability to withstand thousands of times the radiation that their counterparts around the world can handle.

The bacteria will always win.

There are opinions that it may come down to a colony on the moon or somewhere else that may be the key to the survival of the human race if we continue our current environmental trends. If we pull that off, we may be able to see what happens after all!

At least somebody will!

Funny, we helped create this, If this should happen I am guessing mother nature & time will clean this up better than man ever could. We R but a speck in time. Dont watch quit thinking, go fishin!