• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally figured it out

shamalex72

If I want to see fish, leave the camera at home. wink

With the exception of one, maybe two days this year, it has VERY slow for me. We went yesterday afternoon to a lake that I have speared a few times over the years. It was never great, but you would usually see a few smaller ones. We got set up about 2:30, at 3:10 the first one came in and I took him. Less than ten miutes another one came in, at the time I was guessing about 35 and 15 pounds. "Oh no, I forgot the camera" my wife said. It would have been an awesome video. It swam around the decoys a couple times, and then went nose to nose with the walleye decoy for a few seconds. It would swim away and I would jig the decoy and he would came back. Finally had enough and swam away for good.

About 45 minutes later, the wife says "theres one, it's a nice eater" It came in from my left side and I could only see the head as it was staring at the decoy. As soon as I threw the spear and started pulling it in, I knew it was bigger than I had thought. It ended up being 32" and weighing 8 pounds.

After seeing how big that fish was, I know the one I let swim was at least twice as big, if not more. Might have been closer to 20 pounds. Oh, I wish I could have gotten pictures.

If I want to see fish, leave the camera at home. wink

100% for me this year!!!

Last weekend I saw fish up to 10AM with out the camera.. So I huried up went home grabbed the camera and came back... no fish the rest of the day.

Photos have been tough this year for me too.

my general rule for all fishing and hunting is to "forget" the camera by leaving it in my gear the week before. that way i think i don't have it along, and am pleasantly surprised when i find it after catching a nice one

funny how we can be so superstitious...