• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need some insight on reartine tillers

fishtrap3

What have you had the best luck with.. When I was a kid we had a troy bilt and it was the cats meow. Things change so I need some help looking for one!!
Wish I had a rear tine but my front tine Sears 20+years old 5 HP still starts and runs great.Troybilt does make some fine machines! I'm running a Troybilt snow blower new last year and I'm more than satified

I have a 1976 troy bilt Horse Its built like a tank and the thing pretty much drives itself. I normally just walk along side of it until the end of the pass. Not much for safety features but it hasn't ran away yet...

We have the same thing, my 75 year old dad uses it every year to till the 3 acre garden, then it just sits out in the weather until the next season.

He finally put a new set of tines on it last year.

I bought a 8 horse troy bilt almost 30 years ago and can you imagine after only that many years of use (abuse) I started to have some issues with it! Can you imagine that! I had such issues that I actually went out and found a used one that was even older to give me more headaches.

Those old machines are really great. Can't really tell you much about the new ones, but go find yourself a older used one and rebuild it if need be, but it will be a great machine.

Troy built end of story! I made the mistake of buying a sears, it was cheaper and I figured a tiller was a tiller. It has a great honda engine. But i have to fight it to till in a straight line. It gets stuck so you do have to help it along quite a bit. I spend $499 for it. A troy Built was $599 wish I would have spent the extra $100. Buy for life, and buy a troy built!

Anyone have a Cub Cadet tiller? we went to check out tillers and I hate to say this with all the Troy Built fans out there, but the Troys felt kinda flimsy to me.

As with just about anything mechanical anymore.... "They don't build 'em like they used to!" laugh